Twelve .

Karma Janelle Menace

Today Lia and I are going to the jail house to speak to our dad. This will be the first time I seen him since the accident. I honestly don't know how to feel. I have a bunch of emotion running through my mind. I haven't said anything the whole ride there. I don't know what I will say when I see him face to face.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Is what I keep telling myself but I already know coming face to face with a the person that almost killed you and killed your mom I will most likely cry. I hate him with everything in me even though he is my dad.

We pulled into the parking lot on the jail house. I looked out the window. my legs and hands were shaking, my heart was pumping, my eyes analyzed everything I saw to a higher extent, my mind was just running.

Lia touched my leg and I jumped. she looked at me but I could look her in her eyes. I had too much going on in my eyes.

"It's time Karm" she smiled weakly. I got out the car and so did Lia.

I followed her to the door.

Here goes everything.

--

Here I was sitting at the table next to my sister waiting for my dad. I have came to a close of emotions all I see is red. I was angry and demanded answered. that was the only way I was going to make it through.

Be angry .

I looked over at Lia she was just looking at me studying my appearance. Making sure I was ok but I'm straight for right now. I looked toward the door as I heard a buzz from the door unlocking.

There he was a 6'5 tall brownskin man with hazel eyes similar to mine, tone cut arms with a tattoos of our names. he smiled seeing me but I wasn't so happy with seeing him.

To be honestly I love my dad I was such a daddy's girl before all this happy. Half of me wants jump up and hug him bug the other half wants to stab him in the neck.

"Hey baby girls" he said as he grinned.

"Hey dad" Lia said I just say there and stared at him.

"Karma it feels good to see you well" he said

"I bet it is" I said

"Look baby I'm sorry"

"I hate you with everything in me I hate you, you ruined me and the rest of my life Im so glad you are alive you deserve to live with the guilt that you killed my mom" I said as I looked him dead in his eyes.

His face softened up. He looked hurt but honestly he do deserve it .

"I know and I think about it everyday"

"Enough with this mushy stuff, what did you as Ace have planned" I said wanting to get straight to business. 

"He was giving me money and watching over y'all as long as I kept him happy" my dad answered.

"Happy how?" Lia and I both asked. 

"I told him that he can have you when you were ready for marriage but until than I was one of his runners and that night I had a pack on me which was gone now and now that I'm in here it's time for you to get ready" he said. I looked at him is disgust. I couldn't believe what he was telling us. He just keep saying stupid stuff. 

"Worst dad ever right?" I said as I looked at Lia. 

"I told him that he can't have you but he argued me down, it's either you or Lia but he wants you" 

I looked over at Lia she was just staring at him like he was stupid.

"I refuse , he can keep his protection cause I don't want it and I don't want him" I said as I positioned myself to get up. 

"It's the only way I will stay safe too"

"I can care less about your safety" I said as I got up with Lela right behind me.

-

Hakeem came over because I just wanted to feel him near me. I felt lost and needed him here to bring me back. I always feel safe with him around I told him about Amy visit with my dad as we laid on the bed. 

"He gone have to fight me if he think he can have you" Keem said as I laid on his chest.

"What we gone do?" I asked

"What you mean?" He asked as he looked at me

"You and I both know Ace is not going I stop until he get what he want"

"Well he gone have to give up early 'cause no matter what he not getting you" he said as we looked at each other.

He leaned in and kissed me.

"Don't underestimate me baby, I got you I promise" he said as he kissed me again.

"You got me like I got you?" I asked

"Nah more baby" he said as we both laughed.