Seventeen.

Hakeem Ian King

I was laying in my bed thinking of things to say to Karma. we haven't really seen each other since she told me what Ace dad did to her when she was younger. she has been avoiding me since then and I kind of have been avoiding her too because I have no clue what to say. It's hard dealing with emotions. Especially when you are not used to having all the emotion.

We planned on meeting at the park today so that we can stop avoiding each other. It is time for us to stop acting like we don't have to speak to each other because we have been put in an awkward situation in our relationship. I just want her to know that I'm here and that I'm never letting her go and that I will keep her safe even if I have to die to keep her safe that's what I will do. I love this girl and I be damned if I lose her any time soon.

I got up and got dressed to go to the park. Lela went down the street to play with some new girl. I put on my sweatpants and white tee with my legend blues and walked outside. I was debating on if I wanted to take my car or not but the park was just around the block. I shrugged and put my headphones in and made my way to the park.

On the way there I seen Lela outside with the little girl.

"Lela" I yelled

"Yes" she yelled as she ran over to me.

"Ima be at the park, stay here until I come back" I said as I looked down at her and rubbed her hair. I was thinking about how precious she is to me.

"Ok" she said as she smiled at me. I smiled back and started headed to the park again.

-

I was sitting on the park bench waiting on Karma to walk up. I looked around at the little kids playing on the swings. This one little girl was smiling big with a young boy pushing her he looked about 12 and she looked about 5. she had genuine happiness on her face and it made me think about Lela and the future child that I might be having soon. I kind of wish the baby isn't mine because my sister still needs me. she needs me to focus on her and be a dad, mom, and brother to her. I need someone a girl to help me structure myself into a nice lady because that's the one thing I can't do, is make her a lady. I want Karma to be that girl I need to do better at making my girls happy.

I heard someone clear their throat. I jumped and grabbed my chest.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" Karma said as she slightly smiled at the fact that I got scared.

"It's good, I was just.." I sighed

"Just thinking about life right?"

"Yeah" I said as she nodded her head.

I actually took a look at her and all she had was some black tights and a grey shirt with some sandals. She had her hair in a bun and she had on no makeup. You can kind of tell she hasn't gotten a lot of sleep lately she was starting to form little bags under her eyes.

"Have you been crying?" I asked as I pulled her to me.

"No I just been thinking" she sighed "a lot"

"I can tell" I said as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, what you been thinking about Hakeem" She asked as we both watched the little kids at the park.

"You" I said

"What about me?" She asked keeping her stare on the park.

"How I need to stop playing with you and go ahead and accept that I want you and I need you" I said as I looked at her.

"Just don't hurt me and you got me, I promise" she as she looked me in the eyes.

"What's love without hurt?" I asked.

"Tragedy," she said.

-

I was walking her home now. we spent about an hour at the park talking about feelings.it was really different but I can say I felt comfortable doing it with her.

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I glared at it and saw Eniya name flash across my screen and quickly hit ignore

I didn't want anything ruining this for me. I can't tell her because it would hurt her but then she might end up hearing it from someone else.

I need a way to tell her.

My way

I don't know how she gone take this. I should tell her now.

Sigh

"What you thinking about?" I heard Karma's soft voice say.

"Nothing"

"You sure?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I said as I slightly smiled at her. She grinned back but I could tell she was still wondering what I was really thinking about.

We came up to her house. I can tell no one was home because all the cars were gone.

"You home by yourself" I asked as I turned to her

"Yeah"

"Want me to come in with you?" I asked

"What about Lela?" She asked

"Oh shit I forgot about her, I have to get her from this little girl house"

"I can come with you" she said.

"Alright c'mon"

-

We went and got Lela from the little girl house. We got to my house and I offered to take Karma back home but she said she didn't mind staying the night at my apartment today.

I handed her a pair of fresh boxers and went to take me a shower. I was tired all this thinking and emotions got a nigga sleepy.
When I got out Karma was laying in bed looking at Finding Nemo.

"You are such a child" I said as I chuckled at her

"This is my favorite movie in the world"

"You say that about every movie we watch"

"No I don't" she said

"Whatever" I say as I got in bed and hovered over her. "Gimme kiss" I said

She shook her head and because to grin.

"Please" I begged. She shook her head again.

I leaned in and kissed her waiting for her to kiss me back which she did. She wrapped her arms around my neck to deepen the kiss.

-

I looked her in her eyes as we both tried to catch our breaths. I can't even believe we just did that. I mean I can but it's with Karma she is someone that I care deeply about and I never really wanted to have sex with her as I did with other girls. We didn't need intimacy to know that we love each other.

But she let me.

That's what shocked me the most. She let me and as I'm looking at her she has this beautiful smile on her face and this look in her eyes.

Damn.

I just made shit even harder for me without even trying to.

"I love you Hakeem" she said in her sweet soft voice.

"I love you too Karma"

"I'm yo little homie?" She laughed

"No, you my little baby" I smiled.

She kissed me.

Damn