Six

Karma Janelle Menace

I was sitting in the library on one of the computer when someone took a seat beside me. I didn't bother to look up because I was too busy trying to keep myself busy from thinking about Hakeem.

I haven't spoken to him in a week i just dont wanna go into this little game with him. Of course he tried to talk to me it wouldn't be him if he didnt.

The person beside me cleared his throat but i didnt pay it no mind. I just kept typing until the person spoke.

"Excuse me Karma is it?" a familiar deep voice said. i turned to see who it was and it was Rakim.

"Yeah Rakim right?" i asked knowing that I knew that was exactly his name.

"Yeah" he said smirking a little." what happened to most likely never seeing you again?" he asked with a light chuckle.

"Well i didn't expect to see you in the library much" i admitted.

"I get that a lot" he was chuckling. "what you doing?" he asked looking over at my screen.

"Doing finishing touches on a presentation" i answered still looking at the screen.

"It looks good" he said grinning

"Thank you" i said turning to look at him.

"You got a boyfriend?" he asked catching me off gaurd.

"Nope" i said shaking my head and thinking of Hakeem at the same time.

"So it will be ok if you sit with me at lunch right?" he said as the bell for lunch rung.

"Yeah i guess that is ok" i said saving meh work and getting up grabbing my book bag and placing it on my shoulder and walking out behind him. we went into the cafeteria and sat at this table right behind the table that my brother and his crew sit at.

"You don't each lunch?" i asked him

"Nah, school lunch is nasty, you?" he asked with a eyebrow raised

"Nah my brother brings me lunch most of the time" i said.

"Oh I brought my own but I'm not really hungry i just wanted to get a reason to talk to you" he said chuckling.

"Well i think that's sweet" i said as i watched Kameron walk in with my food and Hakeem hold the drinks. Hakeem was smiling until he saw me sitting with Rakim but i didnt care. He can be mad. He mugged Rakim hard and i noticed that Rakim saw it but he stayed calm. I dont know why but that kind of made me scared to see that he wasnt scared of Hakeem.

"Food as requested but i'm not sure if i knew you where having company sit with you today" Kameron said as he sat my food in front of me.

"Well you never asked" i shrugged as i took my sandwhich out the bag.

"Wassup I'm AK, also known as her big brother so i think you should think twice before you start flirting her

"I'm Rock " Rakim said in a rather deep voice as if he was saying that to tell them something.

Whatever it was Kam noticed and his eyes widen for a quick second but then went back to normal before anyone could notice. Hakeem shifted uneasy making me remember he was even here.

"I'm King" said Hakeem

"I know" Rakim said then he got up

"I guess I'll see you later Karma" he said before he walked away

"You can't hang with him no more that's it" Kameron said then he got up and walked away leaving Hakeeem standing in front of me. I got up and walked out the cafeteria with my food to find Rakim. I want to know why Kameron so mad. I walked out and saw Rakim chilling by the stairs. I walked up to him with a confused looked.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Someone your brother don't like"

"Explain" i said.

"It's grown man buisness baby girl, you wouldn't understand" he said as he chucked

"Whatever" i said as i rolled my eyes and walked away. i then felt a hand on my elbow and i slightly turned.

"You don't have to get so mad, i just don't want you in our beef ma" he said

i snatched my arm away from him and walked to the library. I really didnt want to be bothered by anyone anymore. Everything was just falling apart slowly.

--

I'm leaving out of gym class when I was walking toward Kameron's car and I saw Kameron , Hakeem, and Rakim all talking. I stopped and slowed down to see if they saw me. They were too busy talking they didn't see me so I tried to listen to what they were saying to each other.

"Why you talking to my sister?" Said Kameron.

"Because she the only decent person at this school why you worried bout who she talking to she a big girl she can handle herself" Rakim said smirking

"Stay away from her" Hakeem spoke with so much bass in his voice.

"I will stop talking to her when she tell me she don't want to talk to me" Rakim said an afterward he walked away.

I walked to the car while Kameron and Hakeem were talking bout Rakim. When I got to the car I saw Rakim getting inside a nice all black BMW. He saw me looking at him and winked at me then laughed after I rolled my eyes wit ha smirk on my face. As soon as he drove off Kameron was walking towards the car with a mug on his face. He opened the doors as proceeded to drive to the house. He didn't speak the whole car ride. He was in deep thought I can tell by the way his eyes looked. We got to the house and he was still silent. I went to my room and did all my work for the day when I got a daily call from Hakeem and as always I ignored it. I suddenly got a knock at the door. I said come in and in came Kameron.

"You ok?" I asked still eyes on my work. By the way he didn't answer I know he shook his head a no. So I looked at him in his eyes to read him.

"Why you start to hang with people I tell you not to?" He asked with his eyes locked on mine.

"Who else is there to talk to?" I answered looking dead in his eyes to tell him I was serious.

"Me, the person you always talk to" he said feeling offended.

"You're never around anymore you working on your scholarship with basketball you all in to basketball I only see you in the morning when you sleepy or at night when you sleepy, ever since I got out the hospital he haven't had a full conversation" I said with a hint of attitude.

"That don't mean make friends with the bad guy" he yelled

" Get out!" I yelled.

"Why should I?" He said with anger in his tone

"Because you making me mad questioning me bout who I hang with, you in a "gang" trynna tell me who and who not to talk to Get out!" I yelled

"Them boys don't wanna be yo friend they wanna fuck you and leave they want you to be a hoe and you letting them" he yelled

"Wow Kameron I never thought my best friend would change on me like that" I said as I smiled sarcastically.

"I'm trying to save you" he said

"You saving me or are you saving yourself?l" I asked him calmly knowing I was getting to him.

"I just want you to be-"

"To be lonely" I finished

"Happy" he said

" no you don't you just want me to be lonely because you want no one to have me you don't want me to find people that makes me happy other than you, you are selfish !" I said as tears came to my eyes. When he saw that I was crying he left the room. He hates to see me crying. He knew I was right. I just say on my room crying work still scattered on my bed. I fell asleep. Thinking how could my best friend my brother my twin be someone I don't know anymore. Why is everything getting worst my the day.

Can one thing be perfect.