Nine

Ace in the MM

Karma Janelle Menace

I was in my bed debating on if I wanted to call and tell Keem. Kam told me I need to so he know and they both can keep me safe and be on the look out. I wanted to handle this on my own. Ace expect me to put my brother and Keem in it so i don't know what I need to do.

I heard talking outside my door. I paused to focus on the voices. One was Kam's voice and the other was Keem's voice. 

Damn

Kameron most have told him. If he did I'm gone knock him out. The door opened and I saw Keem in the doorway.

"What you want?" I said looking at him up and down

"To know why you didn't tell me"

"Tell you what "

"That Ace called you last night"

"Because it's my business not yours"

"You are my business"

"No Monica is your business"

"Stop playing man, you know you should tell me stuff like this, if something was to happen you would want me there right?"

"Nope cause Monica gone have your attention" I said as I got up and walked pass him. He walked behind me.

"You know what you right"

"Bout what" I said uninterested

"I am gone be with Monica she not gone yell at me and question me all the damn time" he yelled at me. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed at him

"Then be with that swoop" I yelled back as I opened the front door so he can leave.

"I don't know why you keep acting like this like I'm really going somewhere" he said getting in my face.

I didn't even flinch I stared at him with an intense stare. If looks can kill he would be burning in hell.

"I can handle myself" I said as I opened the door wider

"No you can't you don't know what he capable of" he said seriously.

"I've been through it before"

"Still not good enough for me, We gone talk bout this later when you cool off" he said as he walked out to his car.

-

I was on my way out to the car so I can go to the mall and shop off the stress. I drove to the mall and walked around. brought a couple outfits from Forever 21, pacsun, American Apparel, and H&M.

I was getting hungry so i went to the food court. I felt someone watching me. every time I eat I feel like people is watching me but this felt more of an uncomfortable stare someone has on me. I went to Firehouse subs and got me an Italian sub without tomatoes with chips and a drink and waiting for my name to be called.

I was standing by the chips when someone came up on me. I didn't want to look over so quick because it could be anyone. I looked over slowly seeing Hakeem standing behind me smirking knowing I was scared and cautious. I rolled my eyes.

"See I could have been anyone and you not prepared" he said as he got beside me.

"I was ready" I said as I looked down at my keys.

"Mace isn't gone save you for long" he said as he sighed. "Can we put this Monica thing behind until this Ace stuff is gone then you can ignore, yell, kick, hit me all you want"

I looked at him and he was so serious. I nodded and got my food as soon as the called it and say at a table. Soon after Keem came with his food too.

"How you knew I was here?" I asked referring to the mall.

"I didn't it was just a lucky guess" he said as he shrugged

"Oh" I mumbled as I bit into my sub. he did the same. We sat and ate for a little while. I got that weird uncomfortable feeling again I looked back and seem Ace with his "crew" coming toward us. I looked up at Keem who was reaching in his pants. I shook my head, he put his hand on the table and tightened his jaw.

"Well look who's here?" ace said looking at me

"What you want" Keem said harshly

"I want to talk to Karma" Ave said as he chuckled and pulled up a chair.

"For what?" Keem asked .

"Hey Karma how you doing today, you look nice" Ace said ignoring Keem. I just stared at him

"What you want" I finally said

"To talk to you"

"Why"

"We have some unfinished business Little Miss Karma"

"No we don't" I said as I looked at him funny

"Your dad sure do, and since he ain't here I thought you could finish it for him" Ace said

"If me saying no will get him killed in jail...then do it" I said getting up and Keem following close behind and occasionally looking back to make sure they won't try anything.

I was angry. I hate my dad. whatever he got himself into he shit outta luck cause I won't dare help him. he killed my mom and almost killed me.

It was no telling what my dad did while he was out with his sluts. He probably per him drug money but I don't care. that's all his problems and not mine.

-

Today was Monday. Oh how I hates Mondays. It's all a drag when you are trying to wake up from the weekend fun just to go to school with ignorant people that after graduation won't even care bout where they will go.

I didn't feel like speaking to anyone. I didn't tell Kam what happened at the mall because I was still processing it myself. Keem called me a couple of times to check on me but after the third call I didn't answer. I'm pretty sure he will try to talk to me today and yell at me bout not answering the phone.

I walked into first block sat in my seat and did a long stressful sigh. I rubbed my hands down my face as I tried to prepare myself for the day and what it has planned for me today. I just hope for no drama.

Keem came in the classroom and waved. I weakly smiled at him to show that I was okay. when the bell ranged I got out my book and waiting for the teacher to teach me and me to learn nothing.

-

Lunch was here and I went to the library today and got a book. I grabbed A Fault In Our Stars and began to read it.

I felt someone else's presence so I looked over. I seen Rakim beside me he grinned, I laughed at his goofiness.

"Why are you grinning so hard"

"Because I get to see my friend again"

"Wow, how are you?" I asked at I put a bookmark in the book and placed it I front of me.

"Good, just been lowkey trying to stay out the light" he said as I nodded

" How are you Baby Carmel"

"I'm good but ifs Baby Karma" I laughed as he chuckled at me.

"Ok ok enough with jokes" he said as he tried to get serious."I heard Ace looking for you"

"How you know?"

"I'm Rock I know everything baby, now tell me what's going on?" He said sitting up looking me in my eyes and getting serious. 

I shook my head knowing who told him. I sighed and looked at him.