❈ Chapter 5 ⑅ Your car is bigger than my bedroom

They were going out in public together for the first time

They were going out in public together for the first time. She rummaged through her mother's closet but found nothing that she could wear to Claire's Hastings party. All those girls were high maintenance and filthy rich. She wanted to look like someone Axel would feel good with. She didn't want to show up at a party in old worn-out clothes.

She slumped down on her bedroom floor as distress engulfed her. She was an optimistic girl, she was happy with whatever she had but it was one of those times when she felt like shit compared to everyone at her school. Normally, she wouldn't bother but it was special. Axel was taking her out for the first time.

She slowly got up and pulled out her nest egg. She stared at it for a long time. It was okay to think about herself and her appearance once in a while, it's not like she'll spend all the money. She will take out a little amount. It's okay. It'll not be the end of the world.

She pulled out two hundred dollars and stared at it. It will take her one to two months to save up these two hundred dollars again. She shook her head, it's okay. It's not every day she takes care of herself.

"Louie?"

Her father's voice startled her. She immediately pushed all the money under her mattress and turned to look at him.

He looked between the mattress and her and cleared his throat. "I made lasagna for you. You have been working so hard lately" he said. "So, I thought I should do something nice for you"

"Really?" She asked and walked towards him. "When was the last time you cooked?" She asked and held his arm as they walked out of her room.

After having a meal with her father like a normal family after so many years, she felt better than ever. She pulled out the two hundred dollars and stashed the remaining under the floorboard. So, no one would find it.

She went shopping for herself for the first time to somewhere other than a thrift store. She bought a red bodycon dress from a local store and found matching heels all within her budget.

She excitedly went back home and laid the dress on her bed. Watching it with full of excitement, she jumped up and down and clapped. Her heart lifted, no one could understand what she was feeling at this moment.

For some people buying a dress like this one would not be a big deal but it was everything for Chloe. She tried her new heels and She danced around in her room without a care in the world.

She stared at herself in the mirror. "It looks so nice. I look so nice!" She squealed excitedly.

She showered up and wrapped a towel around herself. She sat before her mirror and took out the curling iron, she loaned from her neighbor. She carefully curled her hair, she was afraid that she might burn her hair. After she was satisfied with her hair, she opened her makeup box. She sighed deeply, she didn't have much. A few lipsticks and blush and that was it.