❈ Chapter 8 ⑅ Guttersnipe

Everything was more than fine between Axel and Chloe

Everything was more than fine between Axel and Chloe. It scared her, nothing ever goes this good for her. Life tended to throw the worst things at her at the worst timing, so, she was always prepared but nothing prepared her for what was about to hit her.

She got off the bus as usual. Nothing seemed out of ordinary. It was a typical Wednesday. But as she walked in, she could feel everyone's eyes on her. She frowned, she checked her outfit to see if she was wearing anything funny but there was nothing wrong with her outfit. Heaving a sigh, she kept walking looking down, paying no attention to the whispers around her.

"How much did Axel pay you?" A guy asked her

She stopped in her tracks as he appeared before her, blocking her way. He looked her up and down and bit his lower lip. "Excuse me?" Chloe said, clearly offended. She could sense something was wrong but she wasn't prepared for what he said next.

"How much did Axel pay you to dry-hump him in the library?" He laughed. "I'll double it"

"Get. Out. Of. My. Way!" She gritted out. No one talked about her like that. She had too much self-respect to ignore an insult like that.

"Come on, guttersnipe. Name your price?" He said, stepped forward.

Chloe pushed him on his chest aggressively and he staggered back. "Don't you dare talk to me this way!" She almost yelled. She hurriedly shuffled away from him. She heaved a sigh of relief when she saw her friends, Theo, Fawn, and Diana.

"Here comes the I'm-so-pious and I'm-better-than-everyone Chloe" Fawn sneered

"W-what?" Chloe mumbled

"I thought you wanted to focus on your studies, Chloe?" Theo snarled

"What are you guys talking about?" Chloe asked

Diana looked down at the ground. "Why didn't you tell us, Chloe?" She mumbled

"About what?"

"About you and Axel! You were the reason that they cornered me in the classroom and beat me up!" Theo almost shouted

Chloe flinched as she dug her nails into her palms. "No... Theo, please--"

"What? Axel King beat you?" Diana asked

Theo scoffed. "Not just Axel King, his best friend Ace too. They threw me in an empty classroom, harassed me, and beat me up because his girlfriend Chloe put him up to it"

"Now I get why you always had that I'm-better-than-all-of-you attitude." Fawn crossed her arms over her chest.

"You rejected me to focus on your studies and but immediately spread your legs wide apart for a rich boy!" Theo shamed her.

"I did not!" Chloe snapped

"I hope he dumps your ass" Fawn snickered

"I actually dodged a bullet when you rejected me. Do you have any idea what everyone is saying about you? They are saying that Axel King pays you for sex!" Theo said to her.