❈ Chapter 25 ⑅ Afraid of what's to come...

Chloe's eyes widened and she stepped back

Chloe's eyes widened and she stepped back. Her back collided with someone and flinched away from him. She turned to see the tattoed guy standing right behind her.

"W-where are you taking me?" She asked breathlessly.

"Vegas" he replied monotonously.

She looked between him and the jet. She has never been anywhere alone. She spent her whole life in Richmonte and when she ran away, it was with Axel. Her chin trembled, her heart hammered against her chest.

"Look we don't have time for this shit!" he gripped her upper arm and dragged her towards the plane. He tossed her towards the airstairs and gestured her to board the plane.

"Maxim, handle her with care. The girl is pregnant" Andrew said in his laidback, deep voice.

With tear-filled eyes, Chloe ascended the stairs slowly. She could feel Maxim trailing behind her closely. As she entered the plane, Maxim placed a hand on her lower back, taking her along with him.

He seated her in a far corner seat away from all the bodyguards and Andrew.

"Fasten your seatbelt" he ordered

Chloe quietly did everything she was told. She was afraid and regretting saying yes to Andrew in the first place. They were taking her away... She didn't know where... She didn't know why... Her eyes shined with tears but she didn't let them drop down to her cheeks.

"You wanna eat something?" He asked.

Maxim was horrified when he held her twig-like arm. Chloe shook her head and sat with her head down, her hands fisted, her legs shaking. He stood there for few minutes and then walked to his seat.

She felt someone sit beside her and she flinched. Through her hair, she looked to her side to see Andrew assessing her from head to toe.

"We're not going to hurt" he again made it clear. "What's your name?" He asked

"C-ch--- ch..." She stuttered as she was beyond scared. She was traveling to another city with a group of bulky, strong men and she had nothing to defend herself if they tried to have their way with her.

"Ch? Ch? What?" He asked amused.

"Chloe" a tiny whisper.

"Chloe... What?"

"Chloe Jones"

"Well, Chloe, do you have anyone? A father? A mother?"

Chloe shook her head. "No..."

He nodded. "What about a lover?"

"No..."

"The father of your child? Is he in the picture?"

"No"

"So, he knocked you up and fled?" He asked

Chloe glanced at him, her fingernails digging into her palms, drawing blood. "Yes..."