❈ Chapter 30 ⑅ Axel... She's gone

Dominic's plane landed, and his phone rang

Dominic's plane landed, and his phone rang. Axel's name flashed on his screen and he shook his head, smiling to himself.

"Axel?" He answered

"I have been tracking your flight---"

Dominic laughed. "Patience, Axel!"

"Dad, when you see her... Just... Just call me first, okay?" Axel said through the phone.

"Fine, now stop calling me!"

"Yeah, yeah, okay" Axel laughed and hung up.

Dominic descended the airstairs, his guards and staff all around him. He saw Gabriel standing before him. With hurried steps, Gabriel approached Dominic.

"Sir, there is something you need to know" Gabriel informed with a frown.

"Everything's okay, Gabriel?"

"I got a call from a police station this morning when we were searching for Chloe Jones, I also filed a missing person report"

Dominic raised an eyebrow. "And?"

Gabriel took a deep breath. He knew how desperately Dominic wanted to meet Chloe. "They found a body this morning"

Dominic frowned. "What does it have to do with Chloe? Wasn't she working as a waitress---"

"It's hers, sir." He informed with a blank look.

Dominic scoffed. "Bullshit!"

"I'm afraid it's not bullshit, sir. We should... We should get to the police station"

The sudden shock made him tense his muscles. He nodded as Gabriel led him towards the car. His mind failed to accept this piece of information. He hoped that the police had misunderstood, maybe it was another girl with the same name. Gabriel had told him that there were five Chloe Jones in the entire California State. Must be one of them. It can't be Axel's Chloe. Bile seemed to rise to his throat. He loosened his tie and exhaled deeply. His hands were shaking, he kept tapping his foot.

The car came to a halt, and Dominic straightened up. The door opened, he stepped out. He buttoned his suit jacket and Gabriel led the way.

Dominic only looked around the busy precinct with fearful eyes. He walked further in until they reached the officer who was working on the case.

"Hello, I'm officer Ackerman," they shook hands. "Take a seat gentlemen"

Dominic sat down. "How do you know it's the same Chloe we're looking for?" He questioned

The officer looked between Gabriel and Dominic. "Mr. Gabriel Williams filed a missing person's report and all the description matched with the victim"

"But it can also be a coincidence," Dominic said ignorantly.

"How are you related to the victim, Mr. King?"