❈ Chapter 14 ⑅ A Mortal Sin

Someone nudged Chloe

Someone nudged Chloe. She whined and turned to the other side. Someone nudged her again and she swatted their hand away.

"Chloe, baby?" Axel's voice fell on her ears.

Chloe smiled in her sleep. "Axel" she whispered sleepily.

"Did you eat anything?" He asked

She fluttered open her eyes and saw Axel kneeled beside the bed watching her with adoration in his eyes.

She slowly shook her head. "No..."

He sighed. "I knew that. Come on, I brought us food"

"I want to sleep" she murmured.

"You need to eat too"

"Axel, it's two in the morning"

"Chloe, get up before I make you" he threatened. "I'll bring the food here"

Chloe groaned and sat up, she waited for him. He came back holding a tray. "I bought Chinese takeout."

They sat on their bed silently and ate their meal. Not saying a word to one another, not addressing what had happened earlier. After they were done, Axel took the dishes to the kitchen. He came back and saw Chloe sliding under the duvet again.

"Um... I'm gonna take a shower" he told her and she nodded before laying back.

He showered and changed into his nightwear. He slid under the duvet and held Chloe close to her. "Chloe" he whispered

"Hm?" She asked

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"I lashed out on you earlier..." He trailed off

"It's okay..."

"You are not mad at me, are you?"

"No..."

"I love you"

"I love you too"

-ˋˏ ༻𐀔༺ ˎˊ-

The next morning, Chloe's stomach hurt. She felt like vomiting but it never came. She held her head in her hands and slumped her face over the kitchen counter.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Axel came strolling into the kitchen.

"My stomach hurts" she groaned

"Yeah, mine too" he replied.

"Maybe it was the food we ate last night" she grumbled

"Why don't you go to a doctor, hm?"

"Yeah" she squirmed with pain. "Why don't we go together?"

"I can't" he shook his head. "I have to be at work in about fifteen minutes"

"What? Why? It's five-thirty in the morning!" She asked bewildered.