❈ Chapter 33 ⑅ Playtime's over, Rose

"Axel?" Charlotte called softly

"Axel?" Charlotte called softly. She pushed in his bedroom door and was met with darkness. She looked for the light switch and finally found it. She turned the lights on, the room illuminated.

She gasped as she saw Axel sitting in the corner, his head in his hands. Dirt sprawled around his room and all over his shoes, anyone could guess from where he came from.

He hasn't been the same from the day, they buried Chloe. He looked and acted like the walking dead. He didn't talk much, he didn't eat much. He'd spend days and nights in the cemetery and only came home to take a shower or whenever he needed something.

Charlotte slowly approach him with a tray of food and sat down beside him on the floor. She placed the tray before him and waited for him to say anything.

After five whole minutes, she decided to speak. "Axel... You need to eat something, please"

"Leave me alone, Charlotte" He deadpanned

"No, I'm not going to leave my brother alone. You can push me away all you want, I'm not going anywhere!" She snapped

Axel looked up and their eyes met. His bloodshot eyes scared her but she didn't say anything. She got closer to him and wrapped her arms around her brother in a way to comfort him. She pulled away a second later and his gaze softened.

He picked up a file from beside him. "Do you know what this is?" He asked

"No" she shook her head.

"This is her case file," he told her. "Her wrist and legs were broken before she was brutally raped, then that guy shot her in the face six times... Six times, Charlotte"

Charlotte's eyes teared up, she bit her lips to stop the urge to cry. "T--that's horrible"

"Her face was so delicate... I still remember the first time I saw her. I was... I was lost for words. Her face was the first thing I noticed about her. So, beautiful and fragile... Six bullets... Her elegant face..."

"Axel..." Charlotte held his hand and squeezed it.

"She was raped! Some bastard raped her in an alley! What the fuck was she doing there?! Why was she there?! I can't stop thinking about how she must've felt. She was so shy... She never let a guy get this close to her... Do you have any idea what she must have felt like while that asshole raped her? She must be in so much pain... So much pain..."

"Axel, stop this! You are torturing yourself!"

"Do you think she called for me? While he was breaking her bones, while he was beating her, do you think she called my name? She must have screamed... She must have called me and I wasn't there... She must have cried so much."

"Axel..." Charlotte cried, she didn't know how to make him stop.

"I killed her..."

"Axel! STOP!"