❈ Chapter 31 ⑅ Please, be alive...

Axel stared at his father for one good minute

Axel stared at his father for one good minute. "What do you mean, she's gone?"

"Axel, she was..." He was about to tell him that she was murdered but stopped himself before Axel does something stupid. "She died... In an accident"

Axel's jaw clenched as he glared at his father like he wanted to murder him. "Bullshit! You did this, didn't you? You lied to me! You never wanted her to be back in my life, so, YOU DECIDED TO PUT ON A SHOW!"

Dominic shook his head. "Axel... No---"

"Let me see her face then!" Saying that Axel strode towards the casket but Dominic stopped him by grabbing him by his arm.

"No," he shook his head frantically. "You don't want to remember her like that! You'll never be able to get that sight out of your mind"

After the dead body was cleared, they took off all the bandages for the embalming process. Her face was nothing but skin sewed together with only one eye intact. Her lips, nose, all facial features were destroyed by six bullets. They had washed her hair and made them presentable. They dressed her in new clean clothes that were provided by Dominic.

He didn't want Axel to see her like that.

Axel laughed. "Why? Are you afraid, I'll call your bluff?"

He pulled his arm out of Dominic's grip and walked towards the casket. "Open it!" He ordered one of the guards. They looked at Dominic for permission; he shook his head in negative.

Axel glared at his father and then at the guards. "What did you fill it with? Fucking rocks?"

"Axel, let go," Dominic said

"OPEN THIS FUCKING CASKET BEFORE I DESTROY IT!" saying that, Axel kicked the casket.

"AXEL!" Dominic shouted

"Fucking. Open. It!" Axel gritted through his teeth.

Dominic nodded towards the guard and they crouched down to unlock it. Dominic held Charlotte in his arms and closed her eyes with his hand.

Axel stood tall beside the casket as they slowly opened it. Her face was covered but he saw a red beautiful tendril sticking out of it, his stomach churned with fear. Mustering up courage, he pulled off the covers.

His eyes went wide as terror overtook his face. He fell to the ground, landing on his rear, and crawled back hysterically. "No! No! No! That's not Chloe! THAT'S NOT FUCKING CHLOE!"

The guards immediately closed the casket. Dominic gulped, watching his son. He knew it was just the beginning. "I'm sorry, Axel"

Axel glared at his father with venomous, hateful eyes. "You killed her!" He stood up slowly and walked towards his father.

Charlotte stepped back afraid of her brother. Dominic tried to hold Axel but he pushed him back harshly. "YOU FUCKING KILLED HER!" He grabbed Dominic by his collar. "You killed her, you fucking murderer!"