Chapter 113

Arabella

I'd been awake for two hours, it was now four in the morning. I couldn't sleep with the nauseous feeling I had in my gut, the lump that sat firmly in my throat.

After Draco had decided I wouldn't be coming, I had a terrible gut feeling something would happen. I tried to push any negative thoughts from my mind, but I couldn't.

It wasn't easy letting Draco go without me being there, I admit I'm not much use. But two wands were better than one.

I understood that Draco wanted to keep me safe, but I too wanted to keep him safe. Him going out alone would be a death trap, they'd go for him straight away, he would be outnumbered despite his skills, he didn't have enough people on his side.

I tried to get him to sway his mind, but the look in his eyes showed he was serious. I couldn't go against his word, he'd most likely tie me up to stop me from leaving.

I glanced over at Draco, his arm rested across his torso as he slept on his back. The covers sat across his waist, he looked peaceful, he always looked content when he slept— apart from when he had his nightmares.

Those times were rough.

I sighed getting up, cautious not to wake him. Despite him appearing to be in a deep sleep to the average person, he was a light sleeper. The smallest of sounds could wake him up, so I tried to be as quiet as I could.

The bathrooms light forced my eyes into a squint. I waited sometime before my eyes readjusted to the brighter light.

"Why are you never sleeping?" Draco's voice made me jump, the toothpaste that was in my mouth caused me choking.

"Sorry," he rushed, rubbing my back through his T-shirt.

I shook my head, mumbling that it was okay. But the words were incoherent to him as my mouth was occupied by my toothbrush.

He mimicked my actions, placing his one past his lips and brushing his teeth. He always looked good in the mornings, his hair was ruffled yet, still looked well kept.

"Why are you awake," I frowned, spitting out my saliva that mixed with my toothpaste.

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to."

I did know the answer, it was because I wasn't there. Draco and I always slept in the same bed, so our bodies knew when the other had left. It wasn't sound that woke him up this time, it was the warmth from my body that was missing.

Draco continued brushing his teeth, looking at me carefully through the mirror. He'd looked at me plenty of times, but this time the look he gave me was as if he was memorising this moment.

I didn't blame him, after today— things would change. I took a deep breath, smiling weakly at Draco, "alright?"

"Yeah, are you?" He replied, cleaning off his toothbrush.

"Mhm."

"Come back to bed with me, please," he asked, his eyes pleading through the mirror. I wouldn't refuse him, ever.

He held his hand out, waiting for me to take it and guided me back into the room. He sat down first, patting his lap lightly for me to join him. His back was against the headboard, and for once he looked content.

I put my legs on either side of his body, relaxing into his arms.

"Tell me what you're thinking my love," he whispered into my hair. He ran his fingertips through the strands, breathing softly against them.