Chapter 51

Arabella

"August 30th 1996

Draco,

What are you playing at? It's been 17 days since you last wrote to me. You're really taking the piss now. All I want is a note, that's it, is it too hard to ask of you? Must you continue to push me away?

Maybe I should've expected it, your last letters were blunt, to the point. You told me that if you ever felt different towards me then you would say. I'm confused because you're not saying anything now!

Anywho, this is the last letter I'm sending before we go back to school, don't speak to me when you see me and I won't speak to you!

Arabella"

I thought back to the last letter I sent to Draco, he was really playing with me. Despite the numerous letters I sent these past two weeks, I hadn't heard anything from him. Maybe I should have shown more concern in the letter because after all, I was more worried than angry.

These past six weeks were boring, I hadn't seen anyone apart from my sister. Blaise and Astoria were too busy to meet with me, I didn't talk to anyone else. Draco was the only person I was relying on to keep me entertained this summer, but he let me down.

Now I'm walking onto the platform with a frowned face, I just wanted to get on the train and start my studies. Of course, it wouldn't be that easy because I would still have to face him.

"Bell!" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me.

I watched as Astoria ran towards me, dropping her luggage and attacking me with a tight hug.

"I've missed you" she whispered, restricting my breathing from her embrace.

"I missed you too" I smiled. She pulled back and examined me "you cut your hair!" She said excitedly.

I nodded, it was all Fawns idea, she said I would look more mature if I cut my hair above my collar bone. I almost cried seeing the inches of hair on the ground after they had been cut, however, I was enjoying it now.

"Soooo much better" she laughed.

"Come, let's get on the train" she held my hand and walked me towards the Slytherin carriage.

"Have you seen him yet?"

"Who?"

"Malfoy?" she responded turning her gaze to me and back to the train.

"No, he's hasn't responded to my letters" I mumbled.

"You haven't heard about his father, have you?" she looked at me worriedly. I shook my head and she filled me in on the details.

I was starting to regret the letter I sent to him, but he could have told me. I brushed off the feeling of regret, Astoria then walked onto the train, the chatter surrounded us, I couldn't even hear myself think.

We slithered past people standing in the walkways, Astoria was a bit aggressive with it. She suddenly halted, looking back at me and then in front of her.

"Shit" I whispered as I collided with Astoria back. She giggled and then walked away, the air around me had changed, it became stuffy and heavy, my breath hitched, a flood of emotions washed over me, I froze. I couldn't hear anything, the noise around me was muted.

Draco leaned against the compartment door, fiddling with his rings, speaking with Blaise. His hair was shorter, neatly to the side, instead of the normal blonde, this hair was lighter, like an ice blonde. I raked his body, taking his new appearance in. Draco was dressed in a fitted black suit, like the first day I met him.