DADA WITH LUPIN

Hello guys! Here is another lovely part for you, I posted after a while because my board exams were going on and I had to focus on them. And I also have to maintain my fan account on Instagram alongside too. But what matters now is that I posted!! I hope you enjoy it!

+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---

Y/N'S POV:

After some time I had finished putting the ingredients in my potion and at the exact moment Professor Snape spoke “You should have finished adding your ingredients by now; this potion needs to stew before it can be drunk, so clear away while it simmers and then we’ll test Longbottom’s. . . .”

Why is he after Neville, Snape really has no sympathy at all. Crabbe and Goyle were laughing at a disheveled Neville who was stirring his potion feverishly. Hermione was muttering instructions to him sneakily so that Snape won't see.

At the end of the lesson, Snape slowly went towards Neville who was trembling.

“Everyone gather ’round and watch what happens to Longbottom’s toad. If he has managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as I don’t doubt, he has done it wrong, his toad is likely to be poisoned.” Snape spoke while slightly smirking.

I worriedly looked at Neville, he looked terrified. Snape picked up Trevor in his left hand and dipped a small spoon in Neville's potion which was now green. He fed Trevor a few drops.

There was silence everywhere while Trevor gulped down the potion then all of a sudden there was a pop and Trevor turned into a tadpole. All the Gryffindors started applauding and I smiled relieved that Trevor was fine.

Snape who looked pissed pulled out a small vial from his pocket and poured a few drops from it on Trevor and he reappeared fully grown.

“Five points from Gryffindor,” Snape spoke, everyone looked at him all of a sudden, smiles gone from their faces. “I told you not to help him, Miss Granger. Class dismissed.”

What is up with him?! Why is he so freaking rude to everyone?

I was exiting the classroom when Malfoy purposely pushed past me and said "Watch your step, mudblood." I just ignored him and kept going my way. It was lunchtime and I was very thankful because those double Potions classes had me exhausted.

TIME SKIP TO AFTER LUNCH

It was time for Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Professor Lupin and I was super excited. I entered the classroom and Professor Lupin wasn't there at the time. I sat on one of the desks and got my stuff out.

After a while, Professor Lupin entered the classroom. He slightly smiled at us while putting his briefcase on the teacher's desk.

“Good afternoon,” he said. “Would you please put all your books back in your bags? Today will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands.”

Well, that sounds interesting... I hope he doesn't turn out like that shithead Lockhart. I still remember that dumbass pixie incident. I started putting my stuff back in my bag and soon enough I was done.

Professor Lupin looked around waiting for everyone to be ready.

"Right then. If you'd follow me." Professor Lupin said while indicating us to follow him.

I got up and joined everyone. Professor Lupin was leading us through some deserted corridors. We turned around a corner and we saw Peeves. He was stuffing the keyhole of one of the rooms with chewing gum. He was so busy doing that, that he didn't look up until Professor Lupin was only 2 feet away from him.

He looked at Professor Lupin and smiled mischievously while doing a flip, then he started singing.

“Loony, loopy Lupin, Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin —”

I have never seen Peeves act like this with teachers, even though he disturbed us all the time he still respected the teachers. I looked at Professor Lupin to see his reaction and was surprised to see that he was smiling.

“I’d take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves,” he calmly replied. “Mr. Filch won’t be able to get into his brooms.”

Peeves didn't pay attention to what Professor Lupin said and instead blew a loud raspberry in front of his face. Professor Lupin sighed at his foolish behavior and pulled out his wand.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in what was about to happen. Professor Lupin turned towards us and said, "Now, this is a useful little spell. Please watch closely."

He raised his wand, pointed it at Peeves, and said "Waddiwasi!"

Like a snitch the wad of bubble gum flew out of the keyhole right into Peeves's left nostril, he turned upright and flew away while cursing. Nearly everyone including me had started laughing at the commotion that took place just a few seconds ago. Some students complemented Professor Lupin about it too.

We started off again, nearly everyone was looking at Professor Lupin with respect and awe. Soon enough we stopped outside the staff room.

“Inside, please,” said Professor Lupin, opening it and standing back so that we could enter.

I entered the staff room and started looking around. Only Professor Snape was present in the staff room. He looked at students and then at Professor Lupin who was going to close the door. “Leave it open, Lupin. I’d rather not witness this.” Professor Snape spoke before getting up and heading towards the door.

But he stopped near the doorway, turned around, and said, “Possibly no one’s warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear.” and left.

He really just had to make a remark, he could have just left without a word... I don't understand why he likes to taunt Neville so much.

Everyone was looking at Neville now as he turned scarlet because of embarrassment.

Professor Lupin gave Neville a small smile and said, “I was hoping that Neville would assist me with the first stage of the operation and I am sure he will perform it admirably.”

I already love Professor Lupin's personality, he is such a nice and cool person!!

+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---+++---

I know nothing much happened in this part and also the fact that I updated late BUT that's why I'll be posting two parts today!!!

Secondly, I would just like to do a little bit of self-promo of my Instagram fan account. So, I have a multi-fandom fan account on Instagram and I try to post there as much as possible too. Mostly I post edits on it but I have a fanfic account on Instagram too but I post very less there. And I would be really happy if you follow my fan account, but you don't have to if you don't want to!

One more advantage of following my fan account is that you can message me there too whether it is about this book or you just want to talk about anything!! My @ for the edit account is fandom.overloaded and the fanfic account is bangficstan , I'll be very glad if you take the time to follow me!!

Take care and stay safe! ♥