SILVERSTRING

Hello everyone! Hope you all are having a good day. Here is another lovely chapter for you guys!

✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷

Y/N'S POV:

"Hippogriffs!" Hagrid roared happily, waving a hand at them. "Beau'iful, aren' they?"

I looked at the creatures in front of me. They were magnificent! Every Hippogriff had a unique color and they all looked beautiful. I looked at the creatures awestruck.

"So," said Hagrid, rubbing his hands together and beaming around, "if yeh wan' ter come a bit nearer -"

I walked towards the fence a little more. The trio approached the fence too.

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs is, they're proud," said Hagrid. "Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do."

Malfoy and his goons weren't listening and were whispering and snickering. Probably trying to think of a way to ruin everyone's day.

"Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move," Hagrid continued. "It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt.

Hagrid then looked at us all eagerly, "Right - who wants ter go first?"

Everyone started backing away but to be honest, it's not like you get to interact with Hippogriffs every other day. I took a long breath, picking up my courage. I walked towards Hagrid.

"I would love to!" I said while walking towards him. He smiled at me and signaled me to stand beside him.

"Anyone else?" Hagrid said looking around.

"I'll do it," said Harry.

There were murmurs in the crowd. Some people contemplating Harry's tea leaves. Harry ignored them and reached Hagrid.

"Goodman, Harry! Alright, now- er Harry let's see how you get on with Buckbeak. And fer you Y/n, you should get on with Silverstring." He pointed towards a Hippogriff.

The Hippogriff was incredible. It was inky black and had several silver feathers spread across its body, it also had a silver beak.

He motioned Harry to go first. Hagrid untied one of the chains with a grey Hippogriff and separated it from its fellows.

The class on the other side of the paddock held their breath. Malfoy eyed me but as soon as I looked at him he looked away.

Harry moved towards the Hippogriff carefully.

"Easy, now, Harry," said Hagrid quietly. "Yeh've got eye contact, now try not ter blink. . . . Hippogriffs don' trust yeh if yeh blink too much. . . ."

Harry's eyes had started watering but he didn't shut them. Buckbeak had turned his great, sharp head and was staring at Harry with one fierce orange eye.

"Tha's it," said Hagrid. "Tha's it, Harry . . . now, bow . . ."

Harry gave Buckbeak a short bow and looked up.

The hippogriff was still staring haughtily at him. It didn't move.

"Ah," said Hagrid, sounding worried. "Right - back away, now, Harry, easy does it -"

Harry started to back away slowly but to everyone's surprise, the hippogriff suddenly bent its scaly front knees and sank into what was an unmistakable bow.

"Well done, Harry!" said Hagrid, excitingly. "Right - yeh can touch him! Pat his beak, go on! Now as fer you Y/n." Hagrid untied Silverstring and separated it from the flock. It stood in all its glory.

I walked towards it, it stared down at me with its silver eyes.

"Alrigh.. now bow and be careful," Hagrid warned me.

I started to bow slowly. Silverstring started to open her wings slowly. This might be the day I die...

But fortunately, Silverstring started to bow. I straightened up.

"Now go on and pat her but be careful to not pluck her feathers," Hagrid told me while giving me a small smile.

I went towards Silverstring and started to pat her nape slightly. She slightly purred.

The class broke into applause, all except for Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, who were looking deeply disappointed. I just rolled my eyes at their behavior.

"Righ' then, Harry an Y/n," said Hagrid. "I reckon they might' let yeh ride them!"

Uh... I didn't sign up for this...what if I fall... I had many questions and I was slightly struck by fear. By instinct, I looked at Harry to see how he was feeling. He stared back at me, he had the same look of fear in his eyes. I gave him a small courageous smile to make him feel better even though I wasn't feeling brave either. He gave me a small smile but the same fear lurked behind it.

"Yeh both climb up there, jus' behind the wing joint," said Hagrid, "an' mind yeh don' pull any of their feathers out, they won' like that. . . ." Hagrid instructed us.

Harry and I nodded our heads at each other and started to climb the Hippogriffs. I climbed on Silverstring and sat on her back. I was about to ask Hagrid as to where to hold them from but both Buckbeak and Silverstring opened their huge wings and started flapping them.

I squinted my eyes and wrapped my arms around Silverstring's neck. She started to fly higher and higher. I picked up enough courage and opened my eyes. I could see Buckbeak in front of Sliverstring. Harry sat straight and had his arms open. I could feel the wind rush through my hair and I can feel the rush of adrenaline (limelights will get it, hehe). Silverstring picked up her speed and did a loop around Buckbeak. It was scary to be upside down though.

The Hippogriffs headed towards the black lake. Silverstring slightly tilted and dipped the tip of her left-wing in the water. I could see mermaids staring at us and making faces.

Soon enough the Hippogriffs reached the paddock and slowly lowered themselves. I was enjoying it so much that I felt sad when we landed. Everyone cheered once again.

"Good work Harry an Y/n!" Hagrid looked at us cheerily.

Malfoy got up from his place under the tree and started to head towards the paddocks. I had a feeling that this isn't going to be good.

✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote as it makes me very happy to know that you guys liked the chapter. Take care! ♥♥♥