WORST FEAR?

Here is another part for you all!! I hope you guys like this part and don't forget to vote as it makes me very happy!!

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×

Y/N'S POV:

After Professor Lupin's bold statement, Neville turned as red as a tomato, and Professor Snape left the room.

Professor Lupin ushered us towards the cupboard where teachers kept their spare robes. As Professor Lupin went towards the cupboard, the cupboard wobbled banging against the wall.

Professor Lupin comforted us by saying "Nothing to worry about, there's a boggart in there."

Most of the students including me were worried because we didn't know what a boggart was.

“Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces,” told Professor Lupin. “Wardrobes, the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks — I once met one that had lodged itself in a grandfather clock. This one moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the headmaster if the staff would leave it to give my third years some practice."

Professor Lupin then proceeded by asking us if we knew what a boggart is and Hermione quickly shot up her hand.

“It’s a shape-shifter,” she started. “It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us most.”

Professor Lupin complemented Hermione and continued the lesson by giving us more information on boggarts.

“So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears."

“It’s always best to have company when you’re dealing with a boggart. He becomes confused. Which should he become, a headless corpse or a flesh-eating slug? I once saw a boggart make that very mistake — tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening."

Even though Professor Lupin was speaking but I easily got lost in my head as soon as he said that it will take the form of our fears. What would it take the form of on my turn? The thought of it had me anxious because even I didn't know what I was the most scared of... I looked around and saw that many of the students were scared of facing their fears. I mean who wouldn't be?

“The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires the force of mind. You see, the thing that finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing. We will practice the charm without wands first. After me, please . . . Riddikulus!” Professor Lupin ordered us to repeat.

"Riddikulus!" I repeated along with other students. I could hear Malfoy mutter "This class is ridiculous." And his goons laughing. They really don't have any respect...

“Good,” said Professor Lupin. “Very good. But that was the easy part, I’m afraid. You see, the word alone is not enough. And this is where you come in, Neville.”

Everyone turned to Neville who was shaking more than the wardrobe. He walked towards Professor Lupin very slowly.

“Right, Neville,” said Professor Lupin. “First things first: What would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?”

Neville tried to speak but nothing came out, that poor boy was too much terrified.

“Didn’t catch that, Neville, sorry,” said Professor Lupin cheerfully.

Neville looked around wildly as if waiting for someone or something to save him. After some while, he whispered “Professor Snape.”

Nearly everyone laughed while Professor Lupin started thinking something.

“Professor Snape . . . hmmm . . . Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?” Professor Lupin started.

“Er — yes,” said Neville nervously. “But — I don’t want the boggart to turn into her either.”

Many of the students were snickering at Neville. Professor Lupin told him that Neville misunderstood him and asked him what kind of clothes his grandmother wore which left all of us confused, even Neville.

Neville looked startled, but said, “Well . . . always the same hat. A tall one with a stuffed vulture on top. And a long dress . . . green, normally . . . and sometimes a fox-fur scarf.”

“And a handbag?” asked Professor Lupin.

“A big red one,” said Neville.

After that Professor Lupin whispered something in Neville's ear which made me quite eager. Professor then turned towards us and said “If Neville is successful, the boggart is likely to shift his attention to each of us in turn,” said Professor Lupin. “I would like all of you to take a moment now to think of the thing that scares you most, and imagine how you might force it to look comical. . . .”

I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious, I started feeling cold just at the thought of my worst fear being showed to me. I had so many fears and I had no idea what that boggart would take the form of...how was I going to make it comical when I didn't even know what it would take the shape of.... Can I skip the class?

“Everyone ready?” Professor Lupin asked.

No- I feel my stomach churn but others around me seemed much calmer and were ready with their sleeves rolled up.

“Neville, we’re going to back away,” said Professor Lupin. “Let you have a clear field, all right? I’ll call the next person forward. . . . Everyone back, now, so Neville can get a clear shot —”

I stepped backward, EVEN NEVILLE LOOKED MORE CALM THAN ME!! This probably might be the reason I didn't get put in the Gryffindor- I was so lost in my thoughts when stepping backward that I bumped into someone from behind. That was enough to bring me back to reality. I turned around to look at who I had bumped into so that I could apologize. As soon I turned around I saw.....

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×

Did I just leave on a cliffhanger? Affirmative. Why? Because I wanted to tease you all~   (~‾▿‾)~

Well, I hope you guys liked this update, and as I promised I did a double update!!  Don't forget to vote and I'll try to be more active now as my board exams have ended and I so sorry I was gone for such a long time. Take care!! ♡