24 | Date Excitements

Chapter 24 - Date Excitements

Marinette's POV:

It took us nearly 2 hours to get ready.

Nearly 2 whole hours.

How, you may ask?

Well Chloe couldn't agree on an outfit they wanted to wear. She fully threw all their clothes onto the floor trying to pick an outfit.

And when she finally found some decent clothes to wear, she took forever to do her makeup.

Okay I say she took forever but realistically it was only 20 minutes. But 20 minutes is a long time when you are waiting to leave to get breakfast.

I normally eat breakfast around 8am. It's almost 10am now.

And I'm absolutely starving.

Remind me to make sure to wake that girl up extra early. I absolutely cannot let this happen ever again. I refuse to suffer like this.

After another 10 minutes she finally finished getting ready so I quickly rushed the girls out of the apartment.

I was not planning on wasting any more time.

They didn't even have enough time to put on proper shoes but their sliders would do just fine.

"Right Alya you're driving. I feel like Chloe will deliberately go slow and my belly is rumbling." I huffed with my arms crossed.

I can get really hangry sometimes. And when I get hangry, I begin rambling.

No one enjoys a rambling Marinette.

Not even I do.

"Girl relax, it's too early to be complaining." Alya laughed.

She thinks this is a joke. This is no joke to me. I love my food.

"You know what, hand me the keys." I walked over to Alya and snatched the keys out of her hands before finding and unlocking her car and getting into the driver's seat.

"Let's go then!" I snapped, my brows furrowed.

The girls watched me hurry into the car and purposely began walking slowly while directly staring at me.

These girls think you're kidding? They are starving me here. Drive off without them.

You know what? For once I agree with you conscience. Let's go.

I put my seatbelt on, put my sunglasses on and began reversing the car.

"Okay okay we are sorry. Let us in." Chloe laughed.

I stopped the car and let the girls in before proceeding to drive.

"Since you girls were messing around, I get to play the music." I smirked. I stopped the car and began playing my slowed songs playlist. I then began driving to the café.

The song 'The side of paradise' began playing. I began singing to the chorus. There was just something about that song that was so calming. It gives me the urge to go into a field at sunset and just dance around and feel free.

In fact I'll make sure I add it to my bucket list. It's something that needs to be done.

After a 10 minute drive, we arrived at the café. My stomach was absolutely empty and was rumbling.

I quickly got out of the car and made my way into the café, not even bothering to wait for the girls.

I've had enough patience with them. At this point they were just trying to annoy me.