31 | Time to Party

Chapter 31 - Time to Party

Marinette's POV:

It was finally the day of the dance and the last day before the term ended. To say I was relieved was an understatement. I was absolutely over the moon that I had a school break.

You could hear the excited chatter all over the building. Students were also excited for the Christmas break and for the school dance.

You would've thought that Student would be absolutely reckless on the last day of school. But to my surprise they were all really focused. Probably because they wanted to get all their assignments done before the end of the school term.

I was surprised that Mackenzie didn't say or do anything to me yet. I knew for sure that she wasn't over it as every time she saw me, she gave me a dirty look and rolled her eyes at me then walked away.

But that was pretty much it.

She never came and said anything to me and I haven't been kicked out yet or I've not been called by the principal at all.

I found it to be very suspicious and I had a feeling that something could go wrong today.

I shook away the negative thoughts and brought myself back to reality when the bell rang signalling the end of therm. Our teacher wished us a good Christmas break before dismissing us.

As soon as I left my class, I looked around and saw people were immediately running to their friend groups and I was just about to do the same thing.

I went over to our meeting place, the lockers. A smile made its way to my face as I saw the girls arriving at the same time.

"Hey girls, how are we feeling?" I smiled.

"Excited. I'm so glad we have a break. And we get to go back and spend time with family." Chloe cheered.

"Same, but we should definitely do something when we all come back." Alya suggested.

"That would be quite fun. We could have sleepovers and go for car rides." I added.

"Yes, we should for sure plan this out properly." Chloe added.

"Ugh we still have to wait 3 hours until the school dance starts." Alya sighed.

"I know."

The dance began at 6pm and ended at 8pm. We had less than 3 hours to get ourselves ready for the dance. It was just the right amount of time to prepare dinner and to get ready for the dance.

I was glancing behind the girls and saw Adrien standing with a group of his friends. I hadn't told him about my dress colour yet so I decided to go and tell him so he could wear a black suit.

"Hold on guys, I'll be back." I left the girls and went over to Adrien and his friends.

"Hey princess." Adrien smiled at me as he watched me come over.

"Ooo husband and wife alert." One of his friends joked. His comment made me roll my eyes playfully.

Adrien had some interesting friends. They were funny though.

"Yeah...no." I sighed as I lightly grabbed Adriens to move us away from his group so I could speak to him more privately.

"At least not yet." He winked. I let go of his arm and slapped him."Ouch! okay okay I'm sorry."

"I need to talk to you," I dragged Adrien away from his friends.

"I'll be back, when m'lady needs me then I gotta go." He smirked as he joked playfully.