1 | New Beginnings

Chapter 1 - New beginnings

Third person POV:

"I made it!" Marinette exclaimed in excitement as she held the letter in shock. "I actually got in, oh my gosh. Mama, Papa I got in!" Tears of happiness started falling down her face.

"We knew you would get in." Sabine replied as she hugged her daughter. She felt extremely proud of her daughter.

"I promise I will work hard to make sure we will live our dream lives. I won't let you down." Marinette promised as she went to go and pack her bags.

She was going to attend the most Prestigious schools in the whole country.

It was very hard to get into it. Only the rich could afford to get into that school and sometimes if you were lucky people with good scholarships could get in.

This is what she had dreamed about. She was not going to let all this go to waste. It was her time to follow her dreams.

Sabine's POV

When my daughter opened the letter, I felt all sorts of emotions.

My Baby girl was growing up.

I've watched her go from a small adorable baby to a strong independent woman.

She's the most hardworking person I know. She's worked so hard for everything she has and she really has come a long way.

From a young age she began volunteering to help out with the bakery. She helped make and bake the goodies. She helped to advertise our bakery and give out samples. She helped with orders and different types of customers.

She even helped out with the housework.

On the days where Tom and I were hard at work in the bakery, She would make dinner for the family and make sure that the house was in order.

We didn't even have to ask her to help. She just did it.

I was so grateful to be blessed with a beautiful and respectful daughter.

Sometimes I felt bad because she didn't have any siblings so I always made sure I would dedicate some time in the day to play with her or even just have mother and daughter time.

I always believed in the idea of having a close relationship with my daughter. I wanted her to feel loved and appreciated.

Whenever she needed help with her homework, Tom and I would always make time to help her.

She deeply cared about her studies. She had a passion and dreams that she wanted to follow. Her dreams led her on to making sure she had a good education.

I was so proud to see that she had her own dreams and aspirations. I wanted her to follow her heart.

It led to a bit of controversy in the family as Tom's dad wanted her to stick with being a baker but I encouraged her to do the things she wanted to do. I knew she loved baking but I also knew it wasn't her passion.

When she told me she wanted to pursue her dreams of being a fashion designer I felt happy. She found the thing she loved. Getting a place in Dupont High School could really push her in the right direction in the fashion world. Especially since some of the most famous figures in Paris had their children going there.

I wish the best for Marinette. I know it's going to be hard to let her go but this is something she wants to do and I'm not going to be the one to stop her.

I know she is going to go to that school and surprise the teachers with the knowledge she has.

Marinette's POV