26 | Endless thoughts

Chapter 26 - Endless thoughts

Marinette's POV:

My mind was racing at 100mph. So many different thoughts came into my head all at once. It had one of the worst timings as well.

I only wanted to read my book, but I couldn't even concentrate on the actual book.

I eventually gave up and stopped reading and found myself walking to my bedroom window. I glanced outside and just looked at the scenery below.

Since it was a weekend, there were more students walking around in groups or even just alone, it was quite calming to see. The weather today was also quite pleasant. The sun was out and it was quite warm but there were also a few pretty clouds in the sky giving it the aesthetic type of feel.

Subconsciously, I sighed and turned my attention back to my room.

Looks like I'll be going on another walk.

I quickly put on my shoes and my hoodie and grabbed my phone, headphones and some money and my keys and headed out.

Listening to music or going on walks always calmed me. Something about it was just so therapeutic. I enjoyed it.

I connected my headphones via bluetooth and played my sad playlist. I wasn't sad but I just felt like listening to the depressing songs. They help me let my mind wander off easier.

Once my music was set up, I had to decide where to go.

I knew for sure that I was not going to go to the forest cause there is a chance that Luka may appear out of nowhere again and I really don't want to deal with him. I want peace.

The local park will also be full of too many teens making noise or making out. Personally I don't really want to be in that type of environment right now.

The last option I had was to go to one of the more private parks that Adrien had previously taken me to. The good thing about them is that not many people know they exist so it's way quieter.

I want to be left alone. No phone calls. No text messages. No socialising. Just me, my thoughts and the music.

I put my phone on do not disturb and switched off all locations on my phone.

The last thing I needed was for someone to find where I was. If I need anyone then I could just call them but for now I need time alone.

I remembered the closest park had a waterfall in the middle with a few benches around it and started walking to it. Once I arrived, I sat on a bench and made myself comfortable before getting lost in thought.

My interactions with luka replayed in my head.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Luka asked me as he lightly pulled me back to him.

"Why do you care?" I scoffed. How did he even find me here? Was he stalking me or something?

"Look, I just wanted to see if you are okay-"

"I don't need your fake affection. Just give up and leave me alone." I rolled my eyes, walking away from the scene with Chloe trailing behind.

I felt sorry for her. Having to watch this interaction. This very awkward interaction should I add.

"Marinette, what is wrong with you?" Luka scoffed, anger evident in his tone.

Who does he think he is, asking me that type of question?

"Wrong with me? There is nothing wrong with me but there is definitely something wrong with you." I huffed in frustration.

"I only asked if you were okay and you're acting so cold. What happened to the nice and innocent Marinette I knew?" He scoffed; his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me in disgust.