29 | Confrontations

Chapter 29 - Confrontations

Marinette's POV:

It was now Monday morning, the last week before we closed for the Christmas holidays. I was so excited to go back home for the Christmas break.

It was normally the time when the most orders were made. So I was excited to go and help out in the bakery once again.

As soon as I got back home yesterday, I prepared for bed and had an early night. I wanted to get as much sleep as possible as I know the last week of term was always the longest week.

There were always so many assignments, homework and people just became unbearable. So I had to mentally prepare myself for that.

Just as I was about to go to the bathroom to get myself ready for school, I received a text message.

-

Adrien: Morning Princess.

Marinette: Morning Agreste.

Adrien: Sorry I didn't call yesterday, Father kept making me retake pictures.

Marinette: No worries, I know how busy your schedule can get.

Adrien: Did you have a good day yesterday?

Marinette: yeah, I just had a very chilled and relaxed day. Spent some time out in nature and had a beautiful car ride ;)

Adrien: Well I'm glad you had a good day. And apparently a good drive.

Marinette: Thank you so much for giving me the car, you really didn't have to.

Adrien: But I wanted to.

Marinette: You're so kind.

Adrien: I know I am. Anyways I'm going to leave you to get ready for school. I'll speak to you later.

Marinette: Okay. Bye Adrien.

Adrien: Have a good day at school princess. I'll be thinking about you ;)

Marinette: Don't miss me too much darlin'

Adrien: Too bad, I'm missing that smile of yours.

Marinette: Stop with your childish charm.

Adrien: Only for you princess ;)

Marinette: Not funny.

Adrien: Okay I'll stop. Bye princess.

-

That boy knew exactly how to make me all flustered.

I know he was only saying all that in a joking manner but boy, I'm a massive simp.

I got myself ready for school. I had a shower and changed into some warm and comfortable clothes as it was getting colder. I made myself breakfast and a nice cup of coffee before leaving for school.

For the first time, I actually drove myself to school. It was nice not having to walk so early in the morning. Driving felt so good.

Somehow I managed to spark some attention as I parked the car and stepped out of it. I could just feel eyes staring at me. Like damn did people really pay that much attention to me? So what if I decided to drive and not walk?

It was kind of creepy.

Nevertheless, I walked confidently into the school and went straight to my locker. To get my books out for the day. I only had 2 lessons today so luckily I didn't have to come into school so early.