27 | Falling for you

Chapter 27 - Falling for you

Marinette's POV:

I'm glad he found me.

It shows he really does care about me and it calms my overthinking mind.

I feel appreciated and that I matter to someone. It's a feeling I didn't experience much as a child and yet it's one that I want to experience more.

Adrien came running in the rain to find me. To make sure I was okay.

I had no intention in making anyone come into the rain to find me yet he did. He did it out of his own kindness.

And I really appreciate him for it.

Since the two of us were soaking wet, Adrien turned the heating on and connected his phone to bluetooth. I looked out of the window and watched the raindrops fall as the song started.

He put 'Dusk till dawn on'. It was one of my favourite songs to listen to. He must've found out somehow that I liked the song then put it on for me to listen to.

A small smile formed on my face as the chorus came on. Listening to the song made me tear up a little. It was the perfect song to play at this moment. It gave me a sense of comfort and calmed my nerves.

I don't know if Adrien put this song on as a way of saying that he's here for me but I'm glad he chose this song.

The smile on my face grew as I closed my eyes and carefully paid attention to all the words in the song until it finished.

Adrien's POV

I turned my head to look at Marinette. She had a small smile on her face but there were still a few tears rolling down her face.

I wanted to wipe her tears away and hold her in my arms till all the pain was gone.

She looked peaceful yet sad at the same time.

I chose the song Dusk Till Dawn because I wanted her to know that I would always be there for her. I never wanted her to forget that.

Also, I put it on because I knew she loved that song.

Let's just say I did my fair share of research.

After a couple of minutes, we arrived back at the apartments. I parked my car in my garage and looked at Marinette once more. There was no way I was going to leave her without putting a smile on her face.

The rest of today's plans can be done another time. For now I have a little princess to take care of. I got out of the car and walked around to her side and opened the door, helping her out.

I gave her another hug and softly spoke. "I'm staying with you for the rest of the evening, I'll go when I know you're happy again."

Marinette's POV

Adrien held out his hand for me to hold so I took it and intertwined our hands. We walked side by side until we reached my apartment.

"I'm giving you 30 minutes to clean yourself up and change into warm clothes before I come back. Okay?" Adrien softly spoke as he looked at me with a soft expression.

"Okay." I replied in a small voice.

"Try to smile while I'm gone." He smiled cheekily. His smile immediately made me smile as well.  "There we go. You have a cute smile princess."

My cheeks instantly warmed up and I immediately broke contact with him. He chuckled seeing my flustered state.

"Okay I'll stop embarrassing you. See you soon Princess." He winked at me before letting go of my hand and walking away.