Chapter 1

"Are you sure this is what you want to do, Amanda? It's not too late to change your mind" my mom said as she helped me unload my suitcases from the trunk of her old mini van. "Mom, we're already at the airport. I'm not turning back now. And, yes, I'm positive that this is what I want." Seeing the sad look on her face, I reached over to her gave her my best bear hug. "Mom, you know that I've always wanted to go to England. Plus, I'm eighteen. I can take care of myself." Her face softened a little. "I know honey. You've loved England since you were a little girl. I knew this day was coming. I'm just gonna miss you so much!" Tears welled up in my eyes. "I'm gonna miss you too mom, but I'm always a phone call away" I said as we walked into the crowded Montreal airport. 

"Flight 101 to London, England will be leaving in ten minutes" a woman on the intercom said in french. "I should get going. I don't want to miss my flight" I said to my mom. She pulled me into the tightest hug I've ever received, and when she let go, tears were slowly rolling down her cheeks. "I love you, Amanda" she said. "I love you too, mom." I gave her one more quick hug before turning around and running to catch my flight.

Excitement bubbled up inside of me as I boarded the plane. I've always had an obsession with England. I'm not sure why, exactly. Maybe it's the antique buildings or the excting history , or maybe it's just the accents. One thing I really love about England is the music. So many talented singers/musicians come from this beautiful land. In fact, 4 out of 5 members of my favourite band are English. Yes, I'm a directioner. I love One Direction with all my heart. Their music gets me through the day. When I sign in to tumblr every night and see all the wacky things that these 5 idiots did throughout the day, I feel happier. Some of my friends think that I was moving to London just because One Direction lived there. I'm not an idiot; London is probably where they spend the least amount of time. No, I moved to London for many different reasons...

As I sat down on the plane, I thought back as to why I really did want to move to England. The first reason, of course, was because I loved England. Second, I didn't feel like Canada was where I belonged. I grew up in Montreal, Quebec and lived there my whole life, but I never felt like Canada was a place that I fit in. 

Just as I was about to close my phone, I got a text. I checked the screen to see who it was from and... of course. John. Another reason I was moving. Might aswell read the text and see what lies he's going to tell me this time:

Message from: John

Amanda, please answer my texts. That girl meant nothing to me, and I never meant a single word that I said about you. I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing. Please take me back. I love you!

Same old, same old. I deleted the message and shut my phone off just as the plane took off. I spent the entire ride thinking about how much I wasn't going to miss my life in Canada. This was a new start for me, and I was ready for it.