Chapter 6

-Amanda's P.O.V-

Louis and I were now standing on the roof of a recording studio. Yes, the roof. I gave him a look. He smiled that mischievous smile again. "Told you I had a place for us to talk" he said. "On the roof of a recording studio?!" I said. He laughed at my reaction. "Aw, come on. Look at the view." I sighed and did what he said. He was right, the view was stunning. London was lit up with lights from all the buildings. I could see the London Eye in the background, behind all the fog. London truly was beautiful.

"Wow" I whispered. "I know" said Louis. "I love coming up here. It's a great place to think." I turned around to look at him. It was the first time I really looked at him since I met him an hour ago. He was definitely good looking. Even better looking than in pictures, which I thought was impossible. Those deep blue-green eyes, the slight curve in his mouth when he smiles, the tousled hair. It all fit perfectly together...

"Well, then. Now that we're here, let's talk about this John person. I mean, if you still want to talk about it" said Louis. I snapped back into reality, my cheeks flaming. "Oh, uh, yeah. Yeah I want to talk about it" I said. He smiled and gestured for me to sit down. 

I took a deep breath, preparing to tell him everything. I just wanted to get it all off my chest.

"He was one of the most popular kids in high school. I know, it sounds really cheesy, but I had a huge crush on him. I didn't even think he knew I existed. Then he asked me out, and I got so excited. I was dating him for almost a year, then he started to act different. He started taking drugs and drinking, forcing me to go to parties with him. He would get drunk and say stupid things to me. Things like, 'you're an ugly bitch', 'you don't deserve me', 'you're a slut', you're a whore'" I took a deep breath, then continued.

"I thought he would just say those things because he was drunk. He would apologize the next day, but it would just happen again that same night. And again, he would apologize. I kept forgiving him, telling myself he didn't mean anything he said" I felt the tears coming again. "One night, I got a phone call from him saying that he was home alone and he wanted me to come over. Being the stupid person that I am, I went. When I got there and smelled the alcohol in his breath, I knew he was drunk. He dragged me to his room. He started kissing me, then he started pulling off my shirt. I-I yelled at him to stop, but he wouldn't. When I pushed him away, h-he hit me. I ran out of the house, STILL telling myself it wasn't his fault. I was such an idiot" I couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears came out before I could stop them.

"You don't have to talk about it anymore" Louis said quietly. "No. No, I want to" I took a deep breath and whiped my face before continuing. "I went to his house the next day to apologize to him. I wanted to apologize to him. The door was unlocked, so I let myself in. I heard noises coming from upstairs. I followed it. He was in bed with Julia, my best friend. It was in that moment that I realized that he never cared about me. He just liked having control over me, so I ended it.  I was so stupid to let it go on for so long. He hasn't stopped texting me and calling me ever since. Usually he apologizes, but then he calls drunk and says stupid things again. He's like a broken record; always repeating the same stuff over and over again. I can't take it anymore! Even moving to England didn't solve this. I don't know what to do!"

I started bawling. I couldn't help it. I was so mad at myself. I should not be crying, especially not in front of Louis Tomlinson, but I just couldn't hold in the tears anymore. I was tired of holding them in. I turned around so Louis couldn't see my face. I hated it when people saw me cry

I few seconds later, I felt an arm around me. I looked up. Louis had his arm around me, trying to console me. I knew I should be freaking out, but in that moment, I didn't care that he was a celebrity. I was just greatful that someone was there for me. He pulled me into a hug, telling me everything was going to be okay until I stopped crying. 

I whiped my face and stood up. "Sorry. You didn't need to know all that. And sorry that I cried. I'm overreacting" I smiled, hoping he'd believe me. He laughed, but the laugh had no humor in it. "You're apologizing for crying?" he said. "No, you're not overreacting. He had no right to treat you that way. God, I hate people like that!" he kicked a flower pot that had been there when we arrived. It shattered. He ran his fingers through his hair. "I just met you and I already know that you deserve so much better than him." He said the last word like it tasted bad in his mouth. I blushed. Wow, I must've beat a record for how many times a person can blush in one day.

Just then, he looked up at me and smiled. "You know what? We need to get your mind off of this jerk. What do you say I take you to a club tomorrow?" he said. I choked on my own saliva. What? Did Louis Tomlinson just ask to take me to a club? Was this really happening? I couldn't believe it.

"Uh," I hesitated, not sure how to respond. "Sure. But no drinking" I said. He smiled and raised his right arm, like he was saying an oath. "I, Louis Tomlinson, pledge to not drink at all tomorrow night when I take the lovely Amanda to a club." I laughed. He laughed too, proud that his joke paid off. "Now, come on. Your cousin is probably worried" he said. Oh, no! Joanna! She must be freaking out. I took my phone out to call her. Damn. The battery died. "Shit" I mumbled and walked quickly to the door that lead back into the building. Louis ran to catch up with me. We walked as quickly as possible back to the flat. I felt so bad leaving Joanna there by herself. Then again, I'm sure she didn't mind...

-Louis' P.O.V-

I couldn't stand to see her cry. Everytime she said something about  that jerk I just wanted to punch a wall. Or maybe punch his face in. What was wrong with me? Why did I feel so strongly about this? I didn't know. All I knew was that I wanted to make her pain go away. I wanted to see a smile on that pretty face of hers. I offered to take her a club tomorrow, and she agreed. Her only condition was that I didn't drink. I could do that. Anything to get her mind off of him

We walked back to the flat in silence, but I could tell that she felt better. Good. 

-Amanda's P.O.V-

We got back to the flat 10 minutes later. Everyone was circled around the couch in the living room. Joanna looked up when she heard the door shut. "Amanda!" She ran over to me. "Are you okay?" she said. She gave me a knowing, worried look. She knew my sudden departure had to do with John. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, everything's fine" I said. She didn't seem to buy it, but she said "Okay. If you're sure" and went back to the couch.

"Oh God! Who is that? What hapened?" it was Louis. He was pointing at a girl, maybe nineteen years old, passed out on the couch. Even with a huge bruise on her cheek, she was really pretty.

"I don't know" Liam replied. "I went out to find you and Amanda, and I saw her fighting with some guy in an alley. He slapped her, then she hit her head when she landed on the ground and passed out. I didn't know what to do, so I carried her back here."

"I still think we should take her to the hospital" Niall said.

"Hmm?" it was the girl on the couch. She was waking up. She rubbed her head and stood up. "Where am I?" she said. Then she looked at her surroundings. Her eyes widened. "Oh my God! You're-You're One Direction!"