Everything Is Okay!

A/N: Sorry for the long hiatus lmao. 

"I know it was wrong for me to go away for the summer, but it worked! I'm over you. Everything can go back to normal now."

"Wow, that's terrible," Montana laughed. Madison was practicing what she was going to say to Zoe when they saw each other. Ever since they started heading back, Madison began panicking about the whole thing. She just wanted Zoe not to hate her, but Montana was disapproving of how she planned to approach her.

They spent the entire summer touring, but nothing ever happened between them. Even though the entire time Madison was worried about Zoe, Montana was there to distract her. It took two whole months until they got back to New Orleans.

Madison groaned. "I hope it works." She had no idea what would happen if Zoe was mad at her. After all, she did leave her crying in a parking lot.

Montana walked to her and put her hands on Madison's shoulders. "Stay strong, and remember, you didn't do anything wrong, so no apologies."

"I won't," Madison assured her. She knew going away was the best thing she could do for herself. There was no need to apologize no matter how badly she wanted to.

The older girl pulled her into a tight hug and said a quick goodbye before walking back into the tour bus. Madison was dropped off at Zoe's house. She looked at it up and down. Nothing changed, she reminded herself and then walked to the porch.

Madison was ready to talk to Zoe again, but it was nerve-wracking to even ring the doorbell. She expected Zoe to show up, but instead, it was her mother. Zoe wasn't home. She got a job teaching summer school to children, which isn't that hard to believe. Normally, Madison would steer clear from kids, but she needed to talk to her best friend.

Madison spotted Zoe in the classroom. Children yelling and running about were unpleasant, but Madison ignored it all and stayed by the door, waiting for Zoe to notice her. While not subtly staring into the classroom, the blonde's eyes laid on someone. Immediately, she was bothered. Kyle. Kyle Spencer was teaching the same class Zoe was.

Her sudden anger was seen by Kyle, who had to do a double-take to make sure that it was Madison. When Kyle turned around, Zoe looked.

"Madison?" she could barely say.

Madison jumped at her name coming out of her mouth. Right away, everything she was going to say was forgotten. Instead, a cold "Surprise, bitch" came out of her mouth.

Zoe repeated her name one more time before realizing that she was truly there. She and Kyle walked towards the door Madison was standing at, both of them not knowing what to do.

"So, what are you doing here?" Madison asked. It wasn't directly at Kyle, but she also wanted to know what this brain-dead loser was doing teaching kids.

"Teaching summer school will look good on my resume when I go to teachers' college," Zoe explained. "And Kyle's here because he needs to make up on some credits."

It made sense, but she still had her doubts. "So, you guys are dating again?" Madison questioned.

Almost too quickly, Zoe shook her head. "We're just coworkers."

Kyle had yet to say anything, but that comment made him even quieter. Thankfully, one of the kids called his name, and he walked away awkwardly.

"I would have told you about it, but you went off the grid. I tried calling like 100 times," Zoe said, making Madison remember what she was here for.

Understandably, she shook her head. "Yeah, I'm—" No apologizing, Montana's voice rang in her head. "No signal; it sucked," Madison said instead. "So, your summer wasn't bad?"