Chapter 8

Announcer "It has been announced that Masaya Todo, the heir of Todo Resorts who was engaged last month, is now officially the next in line to be the company president.

Ryo "So finally, Masaya will carry the responsibility..."

Mizuki "Kana, you're finally going to be the first lady!"

Kana "Mizuki...!"

Having finished a business meeting, Mizuki, myself and Ryo are having lunch together.

The news continues to play on the restaurant's TV.

Announcer "It is undecided when the current company president will step down. New projects are rumored to be underway, and the company has garnered much attention regarding their future plans."

Mizuki "By the way, Kana, what are you going to do about work, once you're married?"

Kana "Of course, I'm going to continue."

(My note: Sorry, I don't get this part. Is it a culture for woman to stop working after marriage or what...?)

Ryo "What did Masaya say?"

Kana "He laughed, and he said he'd expected that much."

Mizuki "He has both understanding and money. It's the perfect Cinderella story!"

(Cinderella...)

Kana "Well, that's not quite how I view it, but..."

Mizuki "You don't?"

Kana "Well, it's not as though, without him, I was helpless and soot-covered... We do have our moments of friction though..."

(My note: What does this supposed to mean? Kana was independent, right?)

Ryo "Well, it is Masaya after all."

Mizuki "As a married couple, sometimes you need to turn a blind eye!"

Seeing the married Mizuki react passionately, the remaining two of us look at each other and laugh.

Mizuki "But I'm happy for you. There were periods where I thought you were pushing yourself, but recently you seem more relaxed. Of course, in a good way, you know? You're also showing a lot of growth in work, as well."

Kana "Really!?"

Mizuki "I guess love actually transmits a ton of energy."

(Basically, that's all she wanted to say...)

I alugh sardonically at Mizuki's comment, and my eyes meet Ryo's gentle gaze as he smiles at me.

I can finally show Ryo a fulfilled smile.

Ryo "Congratulations, Miura."

Kana "Thank you..."

Just then, my cellphone vibrates, and I received an email from Todo.

Masaya "Tonight 8PM, Sakai Marina."

(Of course, he'd send me something like this out of nowhere... He's always so sudden with his actions...)

Thinking about what he could be up to, I react aloud to his message.

Kana "It's almost liked a code..."

Ryo "Is it from Masaya?"

Kana "Yes, we'd make plans for dinner tonight, but he's designated me to some place I'm not familiar with."

Ryo "Where?"

Kana "It says Sakai Marina."

Ryo "Ah, that's a member's only cruise club. Don't tell me, is he..."