UNEXPECTED (2)

NORMAN'S POV

"Human Trafficking?" Both Hestia and Don said.

He studies the girl's reaction but only frowns when the girl looked shocked.

Not the reaction he's expected.

He can hear Emma continue to explain the whole situation to them but his attention was only focused on the blonde. Observing.

The girl appears to be alarmed by the sudden revelation, her face shows signs of pure horror, she looks tensed as her hand fiddle with her skirt, nervously. As if she was scared at what the ginger said.

But he knew it was far from that... He was no fool even Ray noticed it as well.....

'Let's see how you'll react.'

"I was worried that you were gonna tell us something really bad from the looks on your faces!!!!" The boy laughed merrily.

"But this!?! Bwahahahah no!! friggin' way!!!!" The boy cackle.

Norman frowns at that.

"Don...just think for a moment about the gate and the fence surrounding us... And how none of our siblings who have already left have sent us any letters." He reasoned but Don only waves him off, his lips formed a thin line - as he looks away from the boy.

His eyes flickered at the blond who tried to open her mouth but stopped herself from doing so.

The whole room went silent as Don look confused and worried, no one dared to speak only the sound of the clock surround the room.

"Wait...so then... What about mama?" Don asked, his voice shaky.

Emma had a pained face when he mentioned the said woman.

"She's the one who's been selling our sibling off." Don look frightened and mad at what Emma said

"WHAT?! QUIT JOKING AROUND!" he angrily said.

The albino only stares bluntly, already expected this would happen.

He can’t blame Don for reacting like this though, but it's not like they wanted this in the first place either. If they tell them about Conny’s death then surely they wouldn’t believe them, hell. It would probably lead to a point where their plan will be ruined.

And since mama isn't making any moves because she doesn't see any suspicious changes in their lives at the moment… but once they start to show something that got her attention then she won't hesitate to choose the ‘early shipment’ option, and none of them would like that at all.

So all they have to do is to keep these three and their siblings away from the truth as far as they can. It might sound cold and selfish; but they can't risk their safety as well. As long as they don't know the real truth, their life just may be spared.

If they prove themselves innocent though.

"Don."

He turned his head to Gilda, who hesitantly called out Don's name.

"I don't think Emma would lie about something like this. She loves our family and mama too much." The girl said her voice laced with nervousness.

"And also... I've been feeling like you all have been acting weird." He, Emma, and Ray including Hestia flinch at that.

She took a breath as she continues.

“That night ...when Emma and Norman went to the gate and came back.” Don glanced at him in disbelief, the albino only nodded.