Chapter One

Maya

I stepped off the boat with my bags in hand. This island would be my home for the next couple months. Now, just to find the hotel.
I took off walking to the little town, taking everything in.

A few minuets later, I walked into the hotel at the edge of town.
"Hello?" I looked around but nobody was in there. I walked to the back of the building.
"Anybody? Hello?" I peeked my head outside, and saw a gorgeous woman standing on the balcony staring at the water.
"Hello?" I said.
She jumped slightly and turned to look at me.
"Oh my goodness you scared me." She clutched her chest and gave me a small laugh. Her hair was curly, and it came to the middle of her back. She was wearing overalls with white shirt underneath. Her eyes were a gorgeous brown, I could get lost in them. I could tell she was Italian from her accent.

"Uh, sorry. Hi. Is there a room available?" I stuttered out.
"You want a room? Nobody ever comes to the island." She raised her eyebrows.
"Uh yeah. I'm just on a little get away and I heard about this place online. It seemed peaceful enough for me." I said awkwardly.
"Okay, come on bella let's get you into a room." She flashed me a smile as she quickly walked past me.
I followed her back to the main room.
"All the rooms are available, so just tell me what you want and you can have it." She flipped open her notebook.
"Whatever you suggest is fine. I'm not picky." I placed my bag on the ground.
"Hmm, I'll put you in the ocean view room. Plus, it's right next to my room." She winked as she slid a key to me.
I felt my face turn bright red as I picked the key up.

"And your name, bella?" She started writing in her book.
"M-Maya Bishop." I stuttered out.
"Hmm. Maya. I like that name. I'm Carina by the way. Carina DeLuca." She smiled at me, and I got lost in her eyes again.
"Come on bella, I'll show you around the hotel." She walked around the counter and picked up my bag, leading me to the stairs.

"Over that way is the kitchen, you can use it but please clean up after yourself. You already found the balcony on the main floor." She walked up the stairs and I followed her.
"This one right here, is your room." She took a set of keys out of her pocket and opened the door, leading me in.

"Wow, this is gorgeous." I said as we walked in. The walls were painted light blue, with nature photos on the wall. The comforter on the bed was grey, with matching pillow covers.

"There's a shower and toilet down the hall. Not many people come here so I haven't found the need to add another shower yet. Over here is my favorite part." She moved the curtains and opened the sliding glass doors, and stepped out onto the balcony.

The sun was setting, making the sky different shades of oranges and reds.
"God, it's gorgeous here." I sighed out as I leaned against the railing.
"It really is. I came here three years ago for vacation, and never left." She said smiling.
"You just never went home? Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Let me take you around town tomorrow. Then you might understand, bambina."
"Okay. What time do I need to be up?" I turned to face her.
"The earlier the better." She walked over to the other side of the balcony and opened a door, leaning against the door frame.

"Is that also part of my room?" I questioned.
"No. This is my room." She said with a small smile.
"Okay, well um... I better get in here and take a shower and get ready for bed." I said with an awkward chuckle.
"I'll be up at six in the morning. Just come find me when you're ready for our date bambina. Goodnight." She smiled and walked into her room, shutting the door.

I heard my phone ringing, so I walked back into my bedroom.

"Andy! What's up?" I answered my best friends FaceTime call.
"How's vacation Bishop? Did you make it alright?"
"Yes I got here about an hour ago. I just checked into the only hotel here." I turned my camera around and showed her my room.
"Damn! That's nice. You meet any hotties yet?" She joked.
"The hotel owner is really pretty. She's showing me around tomorrow." I smiled at the thought of the Italian.
"Ooo Bishop's gonna get some!" She cheered.
"Shut up. I don't even know if she likes girls." I sighed out.
"So ask! It won't kill you. Worst thing she can say is no."
"You're right Herrera. I'm gonna get off of here, I need to shower. I'll talk to you later."
Andy said goodbye and I hung up.

I grabbed my clothes and shower things, and walked down the hall to the bathroom.

Ten minutes later I was in the shower, lost in my thoughts when I heard the door open.
"Uh, hello?" I called out.
"Sorry bambina! Just needed to brush my teeth. Is that okay?" I heard Carina ask cheerfully.
"Uh yeah." I turned off the water.
I went to reach for a towel, and realized I forgot to grab one.

"Hey Carina? Can you grab me a towel please?" I stuck my head out from the shower curtain and my eyes grew wide at the sight of the Italian.
She was wearing a pair of skin tight shorts that hardly covered her ass, and no shirt. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, with small strands hanging by the side of her face.
"What did you say bambina?" She turned to look at me and I got a view of her breasts.
"I-I uh- can y-you hand me a towel please?" I looked down so I didn't stare.
"Sì. Let me find one." She bent over to look under the cabinet, and I got a nice view of her from behind.
"Ah ha! Here we go!" She stood up and quickly turned, catching me staring at her ass.
"See anything you like bambina?" Carina asked as she handed me the towel.
"I-I uh-" I could feel my face heat up with embarrassment.
"Good night, Maya. I'll see you in the morning for our date." She winked and left the room.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself.