Chapter Thirty-Two

25
Maya
Two weeks later

"Hi my love." I whispered as I gently picked Megan up.
"You're an early bird like Mommy, aren't you? Your brothers must've gotten the sleepy gene from Mamma."

Megan gave me a smile as I looked down at Andrea and Matteo, who were both still fast asleep.
"Mamma has to go home today. You three are still staying here for another week or two. Your Mamma is very upset. But Auntie Amelia and Auntie Addie can't find a reason for her to stay. They tried their best. But, we'll be up here every day to see you guys. Mamma is coming here in a minuet to see you three. So I want you to be very nice to her, and give her a big smile like you gave me. Okay?"

"Where's my bambini?" Carina cooed as she walked in a second later.
"Megan is up. The boys got your sleepy gene." I teased.
Carina playfully rolled her eyes and reached out for Megan.

Megan gave her Mamma a big smile as Carina gently took her from my arms.
"There's Mamma's little princess." Carina gently touched Megan's blonde tuft of hair.
"It's so crazy how she's the perfect mix of us both. And Andrea looks just like you, and Matteo just like me." I hugged Carina from behind and looked down at our daughter.
"Genetics are weird," Carina chuckled. "I wonder who will be our little fire fighter?"
"Cat. Definitely. Maybe she'll take after Uncle Ben and be both a doctor and fire fighter." I chuckled.
"Only one of you is allowed to be a fire fighter. I can't handle more than one kid being out there like your Mommy." Carina whispered to Megan.
"We'll just have to see when they grow up."

After a moment of silence, Carina spoke.
"I don't want to leave them." She sniffled.
"We'll come and see them every day. Just a week or two, and they'll be home."

Carina nodded and kissed the top of each baby's head.
"Ti amo, bambini. Fino alla Luna e ritorno. Ci vediamo domani." She whispered.
I gently kissed Carina's cheek.
"Fino alla Luna e ritorno."

At home

"Welcome back!" Andy exclaimed as we walked in the front door.
"Hey guys." I waved gently.
"How are you feeling?" Vic waddled in eating a plate of cookies.
"I miss my bambini." Carina sighed.
"They'll be home, a week or two tops." Andy gently rubbed Carina's back.
"I know. At least I know they're well taken care of."
"They will," I said as I put our bags on the ground. "They have the best of the best. Amelia, Kai, Maggie, and Addison are taking shifts taking care of them."

"See! Best of the best." Vic said while happily munching on a cookie.
"Come on. Let's order Chinese, and watch that new Elvis movie. I heard Austin Butler is super hot in it." Andy wiggles her eyebrows.
"Andrea Herrera!" Vic exclaimed.
"I'm sorry! You can't tell me you weren't thinking the same thing." Andy held her hands up in defeat.
"No. I was thinking about what I'm doing to my wife when we go to bed."

"Okay! Movie time!" I clapped my hands.

"Film stupido!  Non hanno nemmeno mostrato che Elvis è un pedofilo!" Carina exclaimed.
"Elvis was a pedophile?" I asked.
"He was chasing after a fourteen year old girl! He kissed a fourteen year old girl romantically!"
"Whoa." Vic's eyebrows raised.
"Read 'Elvis and Me' by Pricilla Presley! She tells everything. People think he's a hero when he's really a disgusting human being." Carina spat.

"Okay. Wrong movie for the hormones." I gently picked up the remote from Carina's lap.
"How about Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again?" I suggested.
"My favorite." Carina snuggled into my lap.

I heard my phone ring, and I quickly grabbed it and answered the FaceTime call from Amelia.
"Hi guys. Three people wanted to say goodnight to their Mamma and Mommy." Amelia smiled and pointed the camera down to where Matteo was sitting in her lap, and Megan and Andrea were sitting in Kai's lap.
"Are they doing okay? Are they eating regularly?" Carina asked.
"They're perfect. Megan and Matteo just had 3 oz and Andrea had 3.5 oz of formula."
"Big bambini." Carina cooed.
"Mamma and Mommy love you guys. We'll be there to see you first thing in the morning." I blew kisses to our babies.