Chapter Thirteen

Carina

"Yes bambina! I'll marry you." I cried out.
Maya stood up and slipped the ring on my finger. I wrapped my arms around her neck and captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

I heard cheering and we broke apart. The whole team and our bambina was standing on the walkway clapping and cheering.
"This was so special. Thank you bella." I whispered.
"I know we're already engaged. But you deserve a ring. You deserve something special. I was gonna wait but-"
"No. I loved it. This was... fantastico." I pulled her back in for another kiss.

I felt Caterina run into us, and we pulled apart and looked down at our bambina smiling up at us.
"Did I do good Mommy?" Caterina asked Maya.
"You did amazing baby." Maya reached down and picked her up.
"Hey love birds! Say cheese!" Vic shouted while holding up her phone to take a picture.
"Cheese!" Caterina smiled widely.

A month later

I popped my head into our bedroom to see Maya trying to find clothes to wear, "Um, you're off shift Friday, yes?" Maya turned to look at me, stood up and made her way to me with a grin on her face. "I made the reservation at the Burmese restaurant with... Ah-ha-ha, no." Maya had opened her robe and exposed her naked body.
"My shift doesn't start for half an hour." Maya bit her lip and stepped close to me.
"Okay, I don't have time to get sweaty now. I'm meeting Jack." I laughed.
Oh, Jack can wait. Jack is patient. Jack is way less fun than your fiancé." She gently guided me backwards until my back hit the wall.
I placed my hand over her mouth, "You need to stop saying Jack's name while you're naked."
"Yeah? I'm sorry, you want to give me a spanking?" Maya looked down at my lips. I moaned slightly when we pressed our lips together.
"Mm, okay, I am a woman of my word, and I have work to do today. Mm. So I can't. No." I shook my head and looked away from her. I glanced up at my fiancé and saw the way she was looking at me. I couldn't help myself anymore.
"I only have 10 minutes." I pulled her robe off her shoulders and guided her back towards the bed.
"You spent a year of your life studying the female orgasm. 10 minutes should be plenty."

Maya

"Come with me." I heard Dean say. Was Dean going somewhere. I tried not to eaves drop. I really did.
"You kicked me out. You s... You said I was confusing Pru." Vic told him.
"I did. I said that."
"I mean, I d... I don't want you to go, Miller, but I... I can't go with you."
I, uh... I figured. But I asked. I asked."
I heard Vic's voice break, "Are you really leaving?"
"Yeah." Dean said just above a whisper.

We hopped out of the wagon, looking at the damage around us. I gave everyone their assignments and they all ran off.
I walked up to a man who looked like a nervous wreck.
"Sir, were you here when it happened?"
"The line wasn't supposed to be there. Okay? I looked at the map."
"We're here to help. Just tell me what happened."
"I was digging an irrigation trench with a tractor. I've done it a thousand times."
"And?" I questioned.
"I must have nicked a gas line. The thing went off like a bomb. It flipped the tractor over with me in it."
"And you were able to walk away?" I looked at him, he didn't even have a scratch on him.
"Yeah, the thing's built like a tank. It took the force of it. I got lucky. But my head is all fuzzy, and my ears won't stop ringing."
I pulled my radio our, "Dispatch from captain 19. I've got a ruptured gas line, and by its torching, it looks to be a major transmission."
"There was no line on the map." He cried.
"You're not in trouble, sir. I need utility, a second engine, and ladder. Also requesting PD to secure the area and assist with a possible evac. Our guy here's gonna take you to triage, okay? My people are gonna look your head wound over." I let Travis walk off with him as I looked over the scene.

"This is gonna get worse. Hughes. Alley-oop. Be ready with a line up there as soon as we've got it charged. Miller, you're on supply." I ordered.
They hit the fire for a few minuets, until the water stopped shooting out.