Vaccines

WRITTEN AT FREAKIN 4 AM WHEN I SHOULD SLEEP BUT WTH IT'S THE WEEKEND

WARNINGS: serious, angst, blehhhh

Hope u enjoy!

The Covid pandemic had really started scaring people.

A few months after the vaccine was distributed to everyone, it started weakening and people started getting sicker this time.

There was a large amount of panic going through everyone during that moment.

Tony Stark and Bruce Banner had been working hard in their lab to get the vaccine created. They had even decided to start quarantining in the lab so to stop the spread of they got exposed.

One day, after a particularly taxing day, Peter ran to the lab and jumped into Tony's arms. Tony immediately started pushing him back and putting distance between them.

"I love you Bambino, but I can't risk you getting sick too," Tony said in a soft voice.

"I just really need to hug you..." Peter said.

"What happened?" Tony asked softly.

"Ned got the virus..." Peter whispered. Tony's voice died in his throat.

"I don't know if he's going to be okay and I'm scared..." Peter said as tears rolled down his eyes. Tony swallowed his throat.

"Peter, if I hug you now, you won't be able to leave the lab till the time we find a cure." Tony warned. Peter nodded. Tony hugged him close.

"Im so sorry kiddo, so sorry" Tony whispered, running his hands through Peter's brown locks gently.

Peter started quarantining with them. He even helped out when he could! However, one day, an...incident...took place. One that could save millions of lives...but risk Peter's.

Peter was sitting on one of the lab tables and swinging his legs as he worked on a school assignment with MJ and a now recovered Ned. He sneezed particularly hard and a veil next to him broke and weird smelling air came out.

"Woah! Are you okay?" Ned asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, I think that was just p...h...7" Peter fell off the table onto the floor, his iPad crashing to the floor with him. His friends worriedly called out his name as he started shaking.

Finally, MJ picked up her phone and called Tony, who was sleeping on a cot in the small living area they constructed in the lab. Bruce was in the washroom.

Tony rushed out, yelling for Bruce to come quick as he pulled Peter into his arms to examine him.

"What happened?!" Tony questioned his friends worriedly.

"We were just talking and then he sneezed and that test tube broke and he said he thought it was water but then he started shaking" Ned rambled.

"That was the covid sample!" Bruce exclaimed. They all started panicking. All of a sudden, Peter stopped shaking and groaned as he sat up.

"God is this was what a hangover feels like?" He mumbled.

They put him in bedrest for the next 14 days just to be sure that he really wasn't infected. Bruce took a blood sample before and after and was shocked to see the difference.

"Tony, his healing factor is fighting it off! Peter's blood is the cure to the vaccine!" Bruce said, his eyes lit up with hope for the first time in a few months.

"Bruce, we can't take his blood! He's a growing kid! Unethical!" Tony said.

"Not unless we ask for consent? He's old enough to make his own decisions, he just turned 18, didn't he?" Bruce countered. He sighed, placing a hand on his best friend's arm.

"Listen, Tony, I know that using his blood is going to be hard to watch...but there's millions out there suffering right now. We need to think about them too." Tony looked at him for a long time before signing and nodding as well.

Of course, after they explained what was happening to Peter, he immediately said yes, wanting to help his community as much as he could. And so, the first batch of the new vaccines were made and tested and sure enough, it worked. It even healed other systems of people that needed help, such as healing someone's diabetes or cancer! It was a miracle!

The more vaccines they made, the more blood they had to take. Peter never complained once. But that was until he realised that he was loosing too much blood.

"Mr. Stark...I wanna help...but it's too much blood..." He whispered to Tony. Tony tensed, quickly nodding and going to Bruce.

They somehow ended up on a call with POTUS.

"...and that's the end. The vaccine is made using Spider-Man's blood. But he is getting weaker, we're going to need to stop taking more for a while."

"There are still millions out there suffering! How can you be so selfish!" POTUS exclaimed. Tony lost his shit then.

"SPIDERMAN IS MY SON! HE IS SUFFERING JUST AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE! HE'S DYING! HE'S UNDERAGE AND IT'S YOUR JOB TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN!" Tony yelled. Peter tried to get him to stop, but it was of no use. At the end of Tony's speech, POTUS looked ashamed. He apologized and encouraged them to stop taking more blood, and rather funded them in a project to recreate blood so that they were safe.

It took a while, but eventually, things got back to normal. POTUS made sure that the world knew Spider-Man was the reason that they were alive and breathing and banned any hate against him with fines if caught!

Peter added this to his near-death-experience-that-turned-into-a-happy-ending.