Sick Day

Hey avengergryffindor394! Thanks for the prompt, I had to change it up a bit cause it wasn't exactly fitting my style, so it might be different, sorry!

Warnings: Midtown High field trip, Hibernation, stuff!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Stark Tower, Peter's Bedroom, 7 AM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Peter! Wake up! You're gonna be late for school!" Tony called out, opening the door to Peter's room. 

He didn't find Peter lying upside down in his bed as he expected. Instead, Peter was lying on the floor near the heater, curled up in at least 5 blankets, and still shivered. 

"Pete?" he asked softly, kneeling beside his fake son. 

"I don't feel so good Mr. Stark..." Peter stated softly. Tony took Peter into his arms, carrying him into the Med Bay. 

Bruce and Helen looked him over, as asked. 

"It seems that he is having a reaction to something." Bruce said, eyebrows knitted together in thought. 

"What do you mean?" Tony asked. 

"Vinegar. He tasted vinegar." Helen stated. 

"What does vinegar have to do with his state?" Tony asked, even more confused. 

"You're forgetting Tony, he IS half spider genetically. It's natural for him to have some traits of those as well. Spiders can't stand vinegar." Helen explained. Peter groaned softly. 

"Why is it so cold?" he asked, tugging his blankets around him tighter. 

"That might be because you are going to go into hibernation soon." Helen stated. Bruce's eyes lit up in understanding. 

"Explain that again please?" 

"Hibernation is a state of minimal activity and metabolic depression. Hibernation is a seasonal heterothermy characterized by low body temperature, slow breathing and heart-rate, and low metabolic rate. It most commonly occurs during the winter months. It is gonna be winter in a few days, and I think the vinegar just sped up his reaction. (I made up the vinegar speeding up the cold reaction thing, just wanted to clarify). It means his body will go into a state of deep sleep." Bruce explained. 

"How long will this be for?"

"For animals, it lasts for a few months." 

"You mean I'm going to sleep for a few months?!" Peter exclaimed, shocked. 

"That's what it looks like."

Peter groaned, throwing his head back.

"I guess I should call my friends and tell them I won't be meeting them for a bit. You guys will have to inform my school." the adults nodded, going to do the necessary preparations. 

An hour later, Bruce wheeled in a tube, the same type that Bucky had been put in to preserve his body through experiments, except this one was different, it was supposed to provide warmth rather than cold. And May had called up the school and told them that Peter was going to be missing out for a few months because of a 'medical issue' that the Starks were taking care of.

"So...you're sleeping for months." Ned asked him. Peter nodded. His friends and May had come over to meet him one last time before he went into his slumber.