Chapter 7: Hybrid vs. Hybrid

Blue and Swift were ready to head back to the fallen tree again. When they got there, Red was already awake, waiting for them.

Blue: "You seem up very late." Asking to Red.

Red: "Yes, I was always up late. I will always wait for you guys to return. And I have some of these fish for you guys for being my friend." As he shows them, how much he catches.

Swift was surprised and hurried to the pile of fish to feast on. Blue likes to see her brother, feasting on fish, because he has never seen such a bigger meal than their kind has. Then she noticed Red's feelings and wanted to know something.

Blue: "Is there something wrong, Red?"

Red: "No, just..... Well..... Can I speak to you..... Alone?"

Blue wanted to know so she and Red went somewhere to talk alone while Swift was feasting on the amount of fish. When they found a spot, Red was nervous to tell her how he felt.

Red: "Blue, I wanted to say something, something that was keeping me from telling you something."

Blue thought he's gonna tell her something that he was keeping a secret about his memory. But it's hard for Red to tell her.

Red: "When we first met at night where you were at the lake, I was......" As he tries to speak. "I was... kinda staring at you.... Because......."

Blue: "Because?" As she wanted to hear what he had to say.

Red: "Because....." As he was ready to blurt it out. "I lo- !"

Until he stopped and heard someone speaking. Blue did so too as they listened to where it was coming from. Soon, they saw Glacies and her gang, questioning Swift as a hostage. Blue was shocked that Glacies must've followed them to their hideout.

Blue: "Glacies!" As she whispers.

Red: "Who?" Whispering back.

Blue: "My older cousin. We can't let them know about you."

Red: "Why?"

Blue: "Just do as I say."

Red listens to what she says and Blue listens to why Glacies is here. Glacies order Swift to tell her where Blue is.

Glacies: "I just wanted to know where he is. And who is Red?"

Swift: "Why would I ever tell you? You were mean to my sister. And if I tell you, you still hurt her."

Glacies hisses and demands her gang to use their sting tentacle, slowly stabbing to Swift's scale, as he felt the pain from their tentacle.

Swift: "Hybrids don't hurt each other."

Glacies: "Wrong, we treat each other the ways to survive the war. Even if we challenge ourselves to see who will become an alpha. Which means you will bleed and see how much you can take to survive. Now tell me, where is Blue and who is Red?

Swift doesn't respond to her question as she then drags her claw into his shoulder, clawing his scale as it bleeds. And then Blue has enough when they torture her brother. So she shows herself while Red still hides and she faces Glacies on her own.

Blue: "Leave him alone!" Telling Glacies to stop.

Glacies: "Blue, thought you might show up."

She commands her gang to stop hurting Swift and Blue asks her.

Blue: "What are you doing here?"

Glacies: "We're here for two of you. You and Swift have been going somewhere, leaving the nest without our alpha's order."