Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The next day Henry walked in the mist to his school. His friend, Tony, patted him on the back. "Henry! How's your History homework going along?" Tony shouted as he approached him. Henry turned and smiled, "I'm so confused, last night I wasn't paying attention to my instructor. I got something to tell you, too." Tony looked at him and nodded for Henry to go on. Henry sighed and spoke, "This girl, she's been staring at me through the window pane. She creeps me out! I feel like I'm being watched. What should I do?" Tony looked down at the concrete. "Try to make friends with her? After school, I'm going to your house. We'll straighten this out." Both boys seperated to their classes. Henry was then greeted by his friend, Amanda. "Hello, Henry!" she cheered as he stepped into the science class. "Amanda! Hey do you know a girl that lives in my neighborhood?" he asked as he sat down at the lab desk. "No. What does she look like?" Amanda replied. "Actually, I haven't paid attention, only her eyes. I'm not sure what color, but her eyes tell me everything. I don't want to say I'm falling in love with her, but she's stalking me!" Henry said with fear in his tone of voice. Amanda told him that she would stop by his house to solve this. Before Henry could move on, the science teacher hushed them up.

When school was over, Henry ran to catch up to Amanda and Tony both talking about what Henry had told them. "Henry! You like this girl that's stalking you?" Tony shouted. Henry beamed crimson red and denied. Amanda pushes Henry forward to lead the way. They walked to the house as Henry pulled out the key. The door creaked open as both of his friends stepped inside. Tony went straight to the fridge and took out some leftover pasta. Amanda asked, "May I have an apple, Henry?" Henry looked in the basket filled with dark red apples. He tossed it to her as Tony picked up a fork from the drawer. They both started eating, Tony making a huge mess with all the sauce. Tony said with a full mouth, "So where's this girl?" Henry winced back as food came flying out of his mouth. "She usually just looks through the window, I can always tell when she's there," Henry replied. Tony shrugged and continued digging in to his bowl of pasta. Amanda handed him a napkin and looked outside all the windows. She fell out of her chair startled by the look of the girl glimpsing into the clear wall. Henry tried to open the window, but it was stuck. Tony tossed him an EXPO marker to write a note on the window. Before he could even write 'Hello! Who are you?' the girl walked on. Henry ran outside trying to catch to her, but she wouldn't stop moving forward. Henry stood hunched over trying to catch his breath as she led him to another neighborhood. Henry walked back to see his friends packing up.

"Took you long enough," Tony said putting his bag on his shoulder. "So that was her?" Amanda questioned as both looked at Henry. Henry nodded and opened the door for them both. "Sorry, Henry, I got to be home before dinner. I'll see you tomorrow," Tony and Amanda walked out as the door closed behind them. Henry walked upstairs and took out his journal.

May 15th

My friends both tried to help me find out who this girl was. When she was peeking through the window, I wrote a note, but she ran away. I couldn't catch up to her, but I don't know why I tried. When I see this girl, I just get a little excitement fired up inside me. I don't what she's doing, but she's taking over my fear and making me fall in love. I don't like it one bit!

-Henry A. Enders