Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

At lunch the day after, Amanda decided she would forgive Henry. Tony and Michelle were cuddling on the bench and Amanda and Henry just stared. A boy with light brown hair and diamond blue eyes walked up to Amanda. "Hey, Amanda, can you come with me for a second?" Amanda looked up and smiled warmly. "Yeah, Shaun! I'll be right back Cuddle Monsters and Henry," Amanda said walking away with Shaun. "Who's Shaun?" Henry asked Tony. "Some typical nerd, like you," Tony yawned. Henry looked up to see Amanda and Shaun talking. Michelle had already fallen asleep and Tony wasn't paying attention. Henry kept watching to see Shaun grabbing Amanda's hands and whispering something to her. He didn't pay any attention and read his novel. Amanda came back screaming while Shaun was on her trail. "Shaun and I are dating now people!" Amanda squealed. Michelle woke up and looked over at Shaun with a smirk on his face. "Shaun and you? Dating?" Michelle yawned. She nodded and began to calm herself. Tony looked over at Shaun and looked back at Michelle still staring at him. "You're awake!" Tony told Michelle trying to get her attention. Michelle nodded as the bell rang. Tony hugged her bye and Shaun walked Amanda to class. Henry walked by himself thinking of the girl. Once he was home, he saw her looking through the window pane again. He held up a flower and smiled. She kept walking on as Henry pulled out his journal.

May 21st

I saw her again! I think she smiled this time! I have a chance with her! All of a sudden, my friends and I might all be dating at the same time. Weird. At least I don't have to hurt Amanda.

-Henry A. Enders