Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

In the life of Amanda's

Amanda and Shaun were strolling in the park holding each other's hand. Shaun couldn't stop smiling and looking at the ground. Amanda was looking at him and would occasionally 'bump into' him. Shaun would always look at her and laughed. They both didn't say a word for an hour. It was so awkward for the two of them. Amanda finally spoke, "Hey, I really do like you, but it's just that, we should stay fr-" Shuan interrupted and screamed, "You're not friendzoning me are you?" Amanda got heated so quickly and stared at the floor. "No, of course not, I was just going to call it a night. You're just a little awkward, and I'd like to get my rest." Shaun sighed in relief and nodded, "You're right. You're so right. Well, you sleep well, Amanda." Amanda smiled and walked forward. Shaun stood there watching her turn the corner. He couldn't help but try to make his move. He looked down and turned. He walked back to his own house. He sat on the couch, defeated. Out of his pocket, was a lightly painted red rose. He set it down on the seat and stood up to go to the kitchen. He took out the can of whipped cream. He sprayed the sweet white fluffiness in his mouth. He stopped himself by the knock of the door. Shaun walked over to it seeing Amanda with his jacket in her hand. He choked and spit out whipped cream on Amanda. He stood still, hand hanging on the doornob and the wall. He ran to the couch leaving the door opened. Amanda peeked through the door seeing him run. He came back with whipped cream all in his hair and lips. He held the rose with his hand swallowed the whipped cream. He asked, "Trade?" Amanda smiled and handing him the jacket. Shaun handed her the rose and before she turned to leave he spoke, "You know why I got you that rose?" Amanda looked up at him and wondered, "Why?" He gulped and answered, "Because it reminds me of your hair, the way that it flows and looks like gentle flames. I love you, Amanda."