Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The next day Henry walked to park with his German Shepard. He glanced at a couple sitting on a bench kissing each other. Henry turned his head towards his dog and thought for a second. He looked up and realized, it was the girl he liked since eighth grade, Mia. He started looking down in shame. Henry wasn't sad, he just accepted it. He appeared not to care and moved on. His neighbor, Michelle, ran into him walking her pug, Tubby. "Hello, Michelle! How's Tubby?" Henry waved in a bright mood after what he just seen. "Tubby is great. He ate my father's slippers, but whatever. How's your dog. . . what was his name? I forget about that crap," she responded. "Jesus? He's been a good guard dog, EXCEPT when this girl comes and stares into my window. I named him Jesus because it sounds like sausage backwards," Henry grined as he said the reason why he named his dog the name he named it. Michelle laughed uncontrollably and both walked through the park. Henry kept talking about this mystery girl and Michelle kept nodding and asking questions. "This girl is obsessed with you, dude," Michelle admitted. Henry nodded and turned around to walk back home. They said their goodbyes with Michelle carring the 'e' as he walked back. He unleashed his dog and went to the library. In the quiet room, on a Saturday, Henry pulled out his journal.

May 16th

I saw Mia, the wonderful Mia, oh boy. She was with some guy and apparently they're dating. Looks like the nice guy finished last, again. Michelle and her pug, Tubby were at the park. I like Tubby, he sneezes at most ridiculous times and topples over. Well then again, he's just a puppy. Jesus is nice to Tubby. I was reading my novel and I found out the sailor falls off the ship! I can't wait to read what happens next, but, this mystery girl, the more times I think about her, the more times I think about asking this girl out; so I won't finish last! Hopefully this girl likes me or something, otherwise, she's stalking me to murder me.

-Henry A. Enders