Chapter One

Chapter One

It was pouring rain, light was dim, clouds soared over the city, and coats and umbrellas were beginning to be yanked out from the closets. A young man, Henry, was running from home to the public library. His journal slipped out of his pocket into a crystal blue puddle with droplets diving into them slowly as the boy ran further on. He ran into the library wiping off his shoes on the small carpet and gazed at all the possible adventures his imagination could take them. He searched through the large room by titles. He found a book about a sea voyage; a man being taken to the ocean who had to live through the harsh waves. Henry spent an hour reading at the library, before he realized it was time to go home. Henry put his hands in his pockets to keep them warm, when he realized his journal was missing. He was already outside by this point. Henry stepped on a puddle that was stiff. He looked under his shoe and found his journal. Henry picked it up and walked home in the rain. He stepped inside his house, placing his coat on the coat rack, and slipped off his muddy shoes. He ran upstairs and sat at his desk to begin drawing. The boy was in deep concentration drawing a dragon. He glanced up to notice the rain stop. He saw a girl looking through the window pane. He smiled at her and continued to draw. He stopped again, but this time didn't look up. He could feel her eyes carefully glancing across his thoughts. He stayed motionless until she moved on. He picked up his journal and begin to write.

May 13th

Ordinary day. Library was less crowded today. I started a new novel; about a man who travels the seas and has many adventures against the deadly waves. I made it to the part where he is forced onto the ship. Poor guy. Also, I saw a girl, staring into my window. I smiled at her but she didn't stop. It feels like she's able to read my every movement. I was creeped out by her. I hope I never have to see her again. Tomorrow is an easy day, only have History class.

                                                                                        -Henry A. Enders