Natalia DeLuca

Nat's POV

Hi, I'm Natalia DeLuca. I'm Italian, moved to LA from Italy when I was 6 and a half years old. I miss my parents, but I know they're in a better place. 

I am fluent in Italian and English, my parents thought it was important to know both. I was a fast learner, that's why I can speak both with no problems. I don't have an accent, or at least I don't think I do.

My grandparents still live in Italy and I talk to them every now and then. I need to call them to tell them I got booked in Station 19, they would be so proud of me! They would be even more excited to know that I have a fellow Italian actor on the show too.

Today was my first day and I was so excited. I got dressed and went downstairs to see my aunt. 

"Auntie V, are you coming to my first day today? I am so excited!" I tell her sheepishly. "No I am not, I have a big case today that I need to prepare for. Connie is taking you and dropping you off." She said, without looking up from her phone.

"Oh okay." I say disappointed. I pour myself some cereal and get some orange juice from the fridge. When I am finished, I go to the sink and clean my dishes before preparing my backpack to go to set. 

I come back downstairs and Connie was waiting for me at the door. "Bye, Auntie V. I can't wait to tell you about my day when I get home!" I say excitedly. "Sorry Nat, I won't be home. The case is going to be taking up my time. Connie will be staying with you for the next few weeks, could be a month. This case is requiring me to travel." She tells me without looking up from her computer.

"O-oh. Okay. Good luck, I guess." I tell her. "You guess? What's that supposed to mean?" She says, snapping her voice to look at me. "N-nothing. I was just saying good luck." I stutter out.

She gives me a pointed look then returns to her work. I walk out the door with Connie to drive to set. "Ms. Connie, it's set 4. I need to get checked in and I think I even get a trailer of my own." I say with an excited tone. "That's great, I'll drop you off by set 4 then." Connie says with a smile in the rearview mirror. "I-I don't know if Auntie V told you, but I think I have to have a chaperone with me at all times." I say nervously. "I don't think I can Natty. We will see if I can work something out with someone on set. I have to get to another job when you are on set. Your Auntie barely pays me enough for rent." She says with a sigh. 

"Okay Ms. Connie. I'm sorry, when I get my paycheck, I will make sure you get more." I say with a smile. "Oh Natty, no that's okay. You save that money up so you can have it when you're older." Connie says. "I will get us food then for the month or so that Auntie V is gone." I tell her with a smile. "Okay Natty, I won't argue with that then!" Connie says as we pull up to set 4 after checking in.

We get out of the car and it is very fast paced back here. I notice the actor that is going to play my dad walking towards me. I am familiar with him because I had to do screen/chemistry test with him and Ms. Chandra before I got the part. "Mr. Jason!!" I yell over to him. I take off into a run and give him a big hug. "Hi my little sunshine!!" He says to me as he lifts me into the air and spins us around. "How have you been? I was really hoping they were going to book you." He says to me, returning to the ground. 

"I've been good, I'm happy to be here." I tell him. "Mr. Jason, Ms. Connie can't stay because she needs to get to another job and I don't want her to be late. Would it be okay if I hung around you on set when I am here?" I ask him shyly. "Oh wow, of course sweetheart. Ms. Connie, let's go to one of the producers and sign the waiver, you have my word I will take care of her when she is here. I am sure she will become close with the cast as well. We are all friendly." Jason says. 

"Thank you, sir. I really appreciate it. I would stay and watch Natty, but I can't afford to not work another job at the moment." Connie says. "Don't even worry, her TV dad has got her back!" Jason says. 

We walked over to Rachel, one of the producers I have met and signed the appropriate papers for Jason to be my chaperone when needed. "Bye Natty, good luck today! I'll see you tonight. Keep your phone on you!" Connie says and I give her a wave before she leaves set.

"Natty, huh?" Jason asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes and say, "Only Connie calls me that and I would like to keep it that way. Questo è un soprannome da bambina" (That is such a baby nickname). I mumble, but loud enough for Jason to hear. "Wait wait, that's Italian! Stefania says bambina all the time, I could never forget that! You're Italian?!" He says, seeming genuinely surprised. 

"Shhhh, I don't want everyone to know that I can speak Italian. I lived in Italy up until I was six and a half, but my parents died in an accident so now I live with my aunt. But Ms. Connie is around more than she is. But don't worry about me, let's get to the table read." I tell him and he gives me a worried look before holding out his hand for me to take. 

I take his hand and we walk to the building for the table read. We walk in and there are many people in the room and I start to get very nervous. I tighten my grip on Jason's hand. 

A curly haired woman comes up to us, bouncing excitedly. "Hey Jase! How have you been?" She says to him and gives him a side hug. "And who is this?" She says, lowering herself to my level. I hide more behind Jason. He comes down to my level as well. "Okay I know Natty is what Connie calls you, but now TV dad is too. Natty, this is Barrett Doss. She plays Vic Hughes." He says with a soft smile. "And she's really funny." He adds with a laugh and tickles my stomach, which makes me laugh.

"Hi Ms. Doss. It's nice to meet you." I say to her, politely. "I think I may die of cuteness. You are so polite. But please call me Barrett or Bee if that's easier. It's a pleasure to meet you." She says. She opens her arms for a hug and I hesitantly walk into them, then knowing she is safe so I tightly wrap my arms around her.

"Who is this little love bug?" I hear someone speak up behind us. She also had lighter curly hair and she had a big smile. I blush at the nickname. "This is Nat, she is playing my TV foster daughter this season. Nat, this is Jaina Lee Ortiz, she plays Lieutenant Andy Herrera. If you ever need to dance it out, she's your girl." Jason says with a smile. "Hi mija. It is so nice to meet you. Your TV dad is pretty cool too." She says to me with a smirk and I smile big.

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Ortiz." I say with a smile. "Oh she is so polite." She says with a pout to the others. "That's what I said!" Barrett says. "Please call me Jaina, mi pequeña niña (my little girl). Ms. Ortiz makes me sound old." She says with a laugh. "Okay, Jaina. I like that name." I say with a smile.

Just after that, we are called to take our seats. I noticed I was not near Jason and I got nervous. He saw that and got out of his seat to come comfort me. "I know you're not next to me, but they do this to get us used to being with other people. You're next to Dani and Stef so you're lucky. Look here comes Danielle now." He says as he crouched at my level and points to the pretty blonde woman coming our way. 

"Dani, it's nice to see you." As he got up and hugged the woman. "This is Nat, she is playing my foster daughter this season. Nat, this is Danielle Savre. She plays Captain Maya Bishop." He says with a smile. "Well, captain? Not so sure after that season finale." She says with a laugh. 

I look down nervously as I started to get jittery and bouncing my knee. "First days are always difficult. But everyone here is very nice. And if they aren't, I'll make sure they hear from me." She sits down next to me and puts her hand on my knee to stop it. "Just a tip, Dani always carries chocolate on her. She's obsessed." Jason says. "I'm not even going to deny I am obsessed. Here, sweet girl, pick whatever you want." She says, pulling out a bunch of chocolate from her bag. "Thank you, Ms. Savre. You're very kind." I tell her as I grab a Reeses, my favorite candy. "Please call me Danielle or Dani. Ms. Savre makes me feel like I'm 90." She says with a laugh.

We are sat in a comfortable silence before we are getting started. It seems we are waiting for a few more people before proceeding with the table read. 

Author's Notes: Shall I continue???