Savre-Spampinato

Danielle's POV

"Hey, my girl. What do you say we stop at Bianca's and Alberto's before we get to the courthouse for a quick coffee and your favorite drink?" I ask her, knowing she would be so excited. "Can we, mommy?!" She says from her car seat.

"Of course we can. I actually planned to see them so they have it all ready for us." I tell her with a smile on my face, looking through the rearview mirror. 

I have my hand placed on Stef's thigh, gently rubbing my thumb on it continuously. I know both of us are nervous, but we wouldn't let it show for Nat's sake.

We park the car and make our way inside to see Bianca and Alberto. "Ciao ragazze mie! (Hi my girls!)" Bianca exclaimed as she wrapped each of us in a hug. "Signor Alberto e Signora Bianca, do you know what today is?!" Nat asked excitedly. "We do, piccola mia (my girl). We are so happy for you. Are you happy with Stefania and Danielle?" Alberto asked. 

"Mamma and mommy make me so happy. And they're pretty too, they'll make all the other parents jealous." She whispers the last part to Bianca and Alberto, but loud enough for us to hear. We all share a laugh.

"Here is your favorite drink, bambina. I know you can't stay, but Alberto and I wanted to wish you luck. We can't wait to see you soon!" Bianca exclaims and wraps us each in a hug again before we left with drinks in hand.

"Ready to go, bambina?" Stef asks Nat. "Y-yes, I think so." She stutters. I can tell she is nervous. Hopefully this surprise before we go in helps her with her nerves.

We park where we are asked and get out of the car. I walk around to Nat's side as she wasn't getting out on her own. I open the door and she looks at me nervously. "Come here my girl." I tell her, reaching my arms out to carry her. I meet Stef in front of the car with Nat, who has her face buried in the crook of my neck. 

"Let's go become a family my girls." Stef says as she gives us both a kiss.

We get closer to the entrance and notice our friends with a few signs in their hands. "Bambina, look who is waiting for you." Stef points out. She picks her head up to see all of our friends/cast mates waiting for her. 

Jay was holding a sign that said 'We love you, Nat <3.' Jaina was holding a sign that says 'Stella Russo goes home <3.' Then, Barrett was holding a sign that said 'My little bestie is getting adopted.' Jason was there looking like a proud TV dad.

Ugh they were all so cute. Nat asks to get down and then grabs each of our hands to walk up to them. She releases us to give them each a hug. "Mr. Jason, I'm getting adopted!!" Nat tells him as he lifts her in the air. "I know, sunshine. I am so happy for you!" Jason says animatedly. I swear this kid brings out the best in everyone. 

"Mommy and mamma are going to adopt me!" She says to anyone. Their eyes go wide momentarily and then smiles spread over their faces as they look at us. "That's right, sweet girl. Are you excited?" Barrett asks. "Yes! Let's go!" She says.

"Bambina, I have one more surprise for you. Do you remember when you were really looking forward to meeting a certain someone a while ago that I used to work with on Grey's, but weren't able to before they left?" Stef asked her. "Yes, mamma. I don't understand. I really wished I got to meet her." Nat says shyly.

I motioned over to this certain someone and she walked over with a smile on her face. Nat's face went wide and then she hid behind Stef's leg. "Natty, bambina. This is Jessica Capshaw. But I think you already know that." Stef said bending down to get down to her height and having her in between her bent legs pointing to the woman walking over. 

"Jess is coming back as part of the main cast on Grey's and was thrilled to come and meet you. I just so happened to know how nervous you would be so I think meeting one of your favorite Grey's characters would help." Stef explains. "Hi, Ms. Nat. It is a pleasure to meet you. And congratulations on this big day!" Jess says excitedly as Nat has her back pressed onto Stef. Stef hand her hand on her back, rubbing reassuringly.