Table Read Shenanigans

Nat's POV

I have been on set for another month and was having to rely on myself more, but the cast was so kind to me and kept an eye on me when they could.

"Mr. Jason, do you think this would work?" I ask him with a mischievous smile. "I think so! Oh there is Krista, let's run it by her to make sure it's fine!" He says to me and flags down Krista who was walking with Ellen.

"Ms. Krista, Ms. Ellen. Can I ask you a question?" I ask the two of them. "Sure thing, Natty. What's up?" Ellen says with a smile. They all have started to call me Natty here.

I give them my plan and finished with a bashful smile as if they would say no. "I think that's good, Natty. It'll be fun to watch, I'll tell you that! Tell you what, I will distract them so they don't see you walking towards them and Mr. Jason from behind." Krista tells us.

Ms. Ellen reaches out for my hand and I take it. We make our way back to the trailer to grab our supplies and meet Ms. Ellen to help us execute the plan. Mr. Jason had the props, all I was in charge of was quietly making my way under the table.

Luckily, Danielle and Stefania were seated next to each other. Krista had distracted them they wouldn't see me go under the table. Krista then adjusted herself so that she was in front of the table right behind me.

I saw Jason approaching and he said when he tapped his foot twice, to reach out. He got behind them and tapped his foot two times.

This meant he had two fake spiders on strings attached to sticks dangling in front of them suddenly. I reached out and grabbed their legs to give them an extra fright.

"Oh my gosh!" Danielle says. "Che Cosa??? (What the???)" Stefania says. I got out from under the table and Krista wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "You got them good kiddo." She tells me with a smile. "Thank you for the help, Ms. Krista!" I tell her and she walks back to her seat.

"You did this??" Danielle asked. "Tu bambina subdola (You sneaky little girl)." Stefania said with a chuckle. "Mr. Jason helped." I said bashfully. The two of them turned around and playfully hit him in the arm. I wasn't paying attention when Dani came and picked me up and started tickling me, I winced slightly from the pain on my stomach. "Stef save me. Dani is tickling me too much!" I tell her to distract me. 

Stefania comes around and joins in the tickling. "Well I can't stop her now. You did scare us not too long ago." Stefania said with a smirk. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. Please stop!" I tell them. A little out of breath, and another combination of slight pain. 

Danielle stops tickling me and keeps me in her arms as we make our way over to the seats. I was supposed to be sitting on the other side of Danielle, but she moved me in between her and Stef. 

As much as I want to stay in her arms, I know I have to be professional in this setting when doing table reads. I climb off her lap and sit in my chair to start the table read.

As we are nearing the end of the read and going over points in the script, I feel my phone vibrate a few times. I only have two people who text me other than the cast, so I'm afraid to even look my phone. 

We make it through and everyone is dispersing. Stef and Dani are getting up to leave after saying goodbye to me, as Mr. Jason wanted to hang out and play out on set.

I looked at my phone and start to shake from fear after about 15 minutes of waiting for Jason.

Aunt V: You better have your rent money when you get back, I can't be kept waiting.

Aunt V: You'll be sorry just like the other night if you don't have the money for me when you get here.

Aunt V: You should be grateful I am letting you in my house, you are useless.