Home Sweet

Nat's POV

I went back to everyone who was with us and gave them each hugs and thanked them for being here for me. I finished with with Jess. Mamma and Mommy were distracted so I could talk to her.

"Ms. Jess?" I ask her. "Yes, sweetie. What is it?" She asks me. "Any way you could somehow get convince them to stay out of the house for an hour or two? I actually had a surprise planned for them, but couldn't get it figured out in time." I asked her politely. 

"I think we can convince Auntie Jaina and Auntie Barrett. And before you ask, you just also inherited a bunch of Aunties and Uncles, including me!" She says excitedly. "So Auntie Jess, how do we do this?" I say with a smirk. "How about I ask the nanny to bring the kids to your house to help us? And you can meet them." Jess says to me. "I would like that. What about Mr. Capshaw? Will he be with the kids?" I ask her and she laughs. "His name is actually Mr. Gavigan or Chris. He's back in New York. We aren't doing well at the moment, but we don't need to worry about that." She says sadly. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad, Auntie Jess." I said hugging her. "I am not sad. This was a big day for you, big girl! That has made me so happy!" She tells me with a big smile. 

I wave Jaina and Barrett over. "Okay, Auntie Jaina, Auntie Barrett." I pause as they smile at their new found nicknames. "I need you to distract Mamma and Mommy. I want to set something up for them with Auntie Jess. And with her kids. Everyone can come over after, spread the word. Except to them of course." I tell them excitedly.

They are talking with Ms. Ellen and Ms. Krista, so they are quite distracted. "Say less, we got them covered. Now go quick while they are distracted before they ask too many questions." Jaina says. "You do realize you're in for a talking to if I slip out without them knowing." I tell them with a smirk. "We will worry about that, Natty. GO!" Barrett says.

Jess and I slip out quickly without being detected. A part of me feels bad for just leaving, but it was for good reason. "Ms. Jess. Are you okay with driving? I obviously am not old enough, I can pay you back for gas." I tell her. "Nonsense Nat. I am more than happy to do what you need. Just point me in the right direction." She tells me. She calls the nanny on the phone, her eyebrow furrows and then she pauses her conversation.

"Natty, are you okay if one of my good friends brings by the kids? The nanny got sick and knew I wouldn't be available." She asks me. "Are they nice?" I ask nervously. I don't like meeting new people without Mommy and Mamma. "They are very nice. I know you'd rather have Mamma and Mommy there, but I think you'll really like them." Jess says. "Okay, that's fine with me." I say with a smile.

She wraps up her conversation and I point her to Alberto's and Bianca's. We park the car and go inside. "Back so soon, bambina?!" Alberto says. "I am, Signor Alberto! I got adopted!" I exclaim with a big smile. "Also, this is Auntie Jess. She was on Grey's Anatomy as Arizona Robbins!" I tell them and hold out my hand for her to take. 

"Piacere di conoscerti! (Pleasure to meet you!)" Jess says. "And she speaks Italian. Natalia, you really know how to pick them!" Bianca says animatedly and I blush slightly. Jess puts her arms over my shoulders and kisses the top of my head. 

"I was able to distract Mamma and Mommy, although I may be in slight trouble for leaving without mentioning it, but Auntie Barrett and Auntie Jaina said they were covered. Auntie Jess is going to help me set up the surprise. And I get to meet her kids!" I say excitedly. "Well we have everything ready for you. Dinner is wrapped up in this platter for everyone. Pop this in the oven for 45 minutes, dress the salad with the supplies in the bag, the cannoli are all in this other pan, and Auntie Jess will carry the wine because it is very breakable and you my girl are too young." Bianca says with a chuckle at the end.