Truth and Confession

Everything was blurry for a minute, but then it became clearer. Rayla found herself with her hands tied and her mouth was covered. There were two humans on either side of her now that lifted her to her feet. They brought her to a tall guard who had many badges on him. He must be a commander.

"You're sure she is the right MoonShadow elf," the commander asked while looking down at Rayla.

"Pretty sure sir, this is how the boss described her."

Before he could finish, a very familiar person came out of the tent in front of them. Rayla was horrified by what she saw, but she showed anger in her face.

"Yes this is definitely her," Claudia sneered. Rayla gave her a nasty look. What is she doing here?

"My father will be very pleased to see the elf here," Claudia began. "Where is Callum though? You told us you saw him with the Earthblood elves," Claudia said while raising her tone.

"Yes we apologize, daughter of the high mage! He was...too quick for us. He shot spells at most of our men."

Claudia's face was shocked at first but then turned angry again. The guard saw this and quickly rambled on.

"But we caught the human's friend! She can be useful to us."

Other guards came up to them and they were shoving an Earthblood elf up to the commander. She kept looking down and never looked Rayla's way. She was clutching her stomach like she was in pain. Claudia gave both Rayla and the elf nasty looks before waving them on. The guards lift Rayla to her feet and she tries to shove her way free from their grip.

"My father will deal with them later," she said while walking away. Then she turned her head over her shoulder. "Oh and keep an eye out. Callum might come looking for his elf friends."

Rayla wanted to lunge at Claudia at that moment. How dare she try to lure Callum like this! She better not lay a finger on him or I'll- her thoughts were interrupted by the guards shoving her.

"Keep moving," they yelled at her.

They led her into a large building nearby. Inside were a few prison cells. They opened it and threw Rayla inside. She tried to attack them but they shut the door in her face.

"Hey, where do you think you're going! I'm not done with you," Rayla shouted as the guards were leaving.

Two others came in, dragging the EarthBlood elf. They threw her in a cell across from Rayla's. When the guards left it was completely silent.

I need to get out of here! Now I know Callum is here and he is in serious danger! Why did you leave him like that, of course he would follow you out here. You're such an idiot, Rayla! After beating herself up, she looked across from her cell at the other elf. She was sitting with her back turned and was facing the wall away from Rayla.

Rayla needed to find a way out of here, so maybe they could work together on this.

"So...uh, what's your name," Rayla asked her awkwardly. The elf's ears perked up and she turned her head to look at Rayla.

"Oh, I'm Evelyn," she said. Rayla remembers her name from Callum's voice. He must have been looking for her at the time.

"I'm Rayla...Look I know we don't know each other, but maybe if we work together we can get out of here," Rayla said to her. Hope sprouted into Evelyn's eyes.

"You know, my father always believed Moonshadow elves were heartless, but I can tell something is different about you," Evelyn said to her, smiling. Rayla gave her a little smile back.