III

"Still ambers remained

And I tried to re-ignite them

Ended up playing with fire, again"

I woke up to Johnny shaking me. "Wake up Girl,"

"W-What time is it?" I ask.

"I don't know we fell asleep too."

'C'mon Pony we gotta go home. Darry's gonna flip." I say and I motion for Johnny to come with.

"nah you go I'm gonna spend the night out here, you go." Johnny says laying down.

"Ok but if you get too cold, come on over." I shout climbing into the Bonneville. She struggles to start but she manages "C'mon Jackie girl, you got this." After a miute we are home.

We walk in up the porch quietly. "Ok." I whisper trying to sneak. It did not work.

"Where the hell have you too been? Do you have ANY idea what time it is?" Darry Yells at us.

"Hey ya'll where ya been?" Soda says quietly.

"No, We fell asleep in the lot it was an accident." Pony said, in an apologetic tone.

"Yeah well its nearly 2 am kiddos. And you Y/n Sunshine M/n Curtis, what the hell happened to your face?!" He screamed in anger. "I cannot have you getting in fights!" He screamed.

"I didn't get in a fight! Some slimey soc gripped me up, Dallas handled him." I cry. Darry got even more mad.

"And I can't even call the police because you 3'd be put in an orphanage so fast it'd make your heads spin." He yelled again.

"It was an accident, we didn't mean to fall asleep in the lot! And It's not my responsibility for what others do! Do you think I wanted to Be gripped up by a drunken soc?!" I yelled back. Tears poured out.

"It was an accident. Not your responsibility. That's all I hear from you 2." He yelled at us, cornering us in the door way.

Soda looked about to cry, he intervened, "Oh come on Darry." He reasoned.

"No you shut up, I'm tired of you defending them!" He screamed in Sodas face.

Pony boy turned red and stepped up "Don't you yell at him!" He screamed and in a flash there was a loud slap and thud, Pony had hit the ground from Darry's slap. Pony scrambled to his feet running out the door.

"What the hell did you do to him?" I ask Darry through sobs. I knew this was gonna happen someday... I was hoping it wouldn't be at god knows what hour of the night. I try to chase him but fall on the damp ground. I sit down on the cold wet ground and cry into my knees. "This is it..." I mumble. "I'm gonna go find him..." I say standing up.

I run after him and see him in the lot again. I over hear him talk to Johnny.

"C'mon Johnny, we're running away." Pony said in tears.

"W-we can't run away Pony." I yelled.

"Lets walk to the park, maybe by then you'll have calmed down enough to go home." Johnny said, I nodded and we went.

We talked of a bit and Johnny lit me a smoke. I don't smoke often but when I've had too much i take one.

We sit in silence on the monkey bars for a little bit, the cold monkey bars are slick with frost. We noticed a car circle the block, the blue mustang. Shit. "Soc's" Pony said.