V

"Because you're right, 

I couldn't fix you

You're right I shouldn't have tried to"

Its not long before people are showing up. Steve even brought his girl, Evie, for us to meet. Her red hair creates coils, under her ears. She's really beautiful, she could be a model. She has on a long yellow skirt and  sweater. very fall.

"Hi, I'm Evie

"Hi, I'm Evie." She say softly, pulling me into a loose but warm hug.

I smile at her, "Hello, I'm Sunshine." She just smiles at me again... I think she's nervous. I walk over to Darry, as Steve introduces Evie to more people. She's a keeper, how on earth did he score her.

"Darry, when're you going to bring someone we can meet?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"Sometime soon. I wanna make sure they're the one first." He says quietly.

"Is there someone you're talking to?" I ask, sitting on the arm of the recliner. He hides his face, beet root red and nods with a chuckle. I lightly tap his shoulder and give my big brother a hug.

I go and set a record on our record player and set the pin, The Animals House of the Rising crackles through the speakers.

I light up a smoke and sit on our couch, but shortly I hand it to Johnny. Two-bit sits on the floor with beer and a piece of cake, He's way to close to the tv to be good for his eyes. Dallas sits next to me, along with Johnny.

I fidget. I'm unsure if this was a good Idea now. I sit awkwardly with my best friends as everyone else talks about.

The record stops, no more tracks. Before I can get up, Two has crawled over to change it. He stands up drunkenly and announces. "Now Boys and girls, it's time for a slow dance, grab your favorite girl and make her weak to her knees." He says as if a movie announcer, with a hardy chuckle at the end.

I look at Johnny. "Wanna dance, Just as friends?" He nods. We stand up and i take his hands in mine. we try to look at each their, being the same height, but we can't help but laugh. We are barely 8 beats in when Two-Bit interrupts.

"May I get a dance with this fine lady?" He asks. Johnny jokingly bows and Two takes my hand.

"How's it shakin' Sunny?" He asks. I tap his cheek, his breath reeks of beer. He giggles.

"I'm ok Keith, how you shakin'?" I ask. We'd agreed long ago, He could call me sunny if I could call him Keith.

"I'm doin' pretty fine." He slurs. I giggle and look over his shoulder. I see Darry.