VIII

"I kissed your scars even after you hurt me

And I held your hand

Even when you fucking burned me."

So forth I moved on, Like Evie said to me, go on dates. She was constantly helping me with that one. I was about to go on another date, my 2nd one this month I cringe as I get dressed. I know she just wants me to be happy and I lover her for that.

 I know she just wants me to be happy and I lover her for that

I'm turning into a soc behind the scenes. I never speak to my gang or my family anymore. I feel so distant. I walk into my living room. Everyone is there, except Dallas... Don't come to the Curtis house until you've got something good to say.

I smile at Johnny and Pony as I make eye contact with them.

"Y/n." I stopped. Darry. He sounded broken.

"Hm?" I said turning around.

"What're you doing?" He sighs, in almost a concerned voice.

"Nothing, just hanging out with a friend." I smile, I just want to leave. I don't want to be questioned.

"Y/n, Ponyboy and Sodapop told me you've been crying yourself to sleep and coming home with bruises. You leave early in the day and come home in the middle of the night and most of us haven't heard a peep out of you in a month. I-if you're doing something bad or illegal or embarrassing please just tell us, we won't be mad." Darry says. I see Pony boy look down in shame,as does Soda.

"I've just been going on dates." I mumble under my breath.

"What?" He says, "Speak up."

"I've been going on dates! I've been trying to make friends! And it never works so I keep trying." I say loudly. Darry stands back.

"Y/n, you have us, why would you need other friends-." Two-bit starts to speak.

"I want someone I can talk about my feelings too. I tell Soda and Pony everything! I'm burdening them!" I cry. "I'm sure one of you want to hear about boys, or how I'm head over heels, or who I've fallen for or who's broken my heart." I stifle tears down my cheek.

As i stand in the middle of the room, eyes on me from all angles. I shake, trying to hold back more tears. I feel judged. They all stare at me as if they expect me to say more. So I do.

I sat down on the floor, criss crossing my legs, Darry slowly follows. "Y'know," I smile, looking into each of themselves eyes for a millisecond. "I fell in love with every guy I ever dated." I sigh, "It was so easy, weather he was smart or stupid or sweet or cool, it didn't matter.... But I-." I stop. I don't want to tell them this...

"But what Y/n." Soda says, knowing what I'm gonna say. He's known this whole time, it was all a diversion in my mind, Soda sees straight threw me. I wanted to run out the door.

"None of them where Dallas."

Silence.

Darry raises his eyebrows. "Care to explain that?" He says, shocked.

"He uh, he took me to a party. And told me to leave before Sylvia showed up. so I walked home. And then next time I saw him, He told me I should've known..." I cry. "But I miss him, he was my best friend."

"is that why he ain't been hangin' round?" Johnny asked from next to me.

I laugh a little. "I told him not to come back to the Curtis house till he had something good to say."