chapter 9

Tine Teepakorn believes that he sucks at most of the things in life but ignoring somebody without being subtle is not one of them. Since that embarassing incident in his room last night, Tine is avoiding Sarawat like his life depends on it and so far, Tine has convinced himself that it does.

"I don't feel like playing anymore" Tine says before leaving when Sarawat comes to join them for volleyball at the beach.

Tine convinces Boss that he is more comfortable with him and so he, and not Sarawat, should discuss the budget of dance night with him.

Tine jumps into the sea when he hears Sarawat calling his name from behind.

Tine plays dead when Sarawat finds him in Pear's room.

However, for reasons beyond Tine's understanding, Sarawat carries him from the floor and brings him to the bed, switches the lights off before leaving. On some deeper evaluation, Tine realises that may be, Sarawat thought he was just asleep, which makes more sense.

And yet, it all goes in vain when before dinner, Tine finds an impatient Sarawat on his door who doesn't even care for being asked to come inside.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asks straight.

Tine bites his lips and shuts the door before dragging his feet to the bed and sits next to Sarawat.

"I was. Now I can't."

"And why is that?"

Tine frowns, "how can you ignore somebody who is sitting right next to you?"

Sarawat facepalmes mentally. As if this man hasn't tortured him enough by avoiding him.

"I meant why are you avoiding me?"

Tine shakes his head.

Sarawat sighs, "Tine don't avoid me, Please. I can pretend I never heard any of it."

Tine's head springs towards Sarawat and he raises his eyebrows.

"You can?" He mumbles.

Sarawat nods. Tine releases a breathe of relief and they sit in silence.

"Just one question?"

"Uhm?"

"Did you really mean what you told them about me?"

Tine covers his face and grunts frustratingly.

He mutters, "You said you will pretend you didn't hear it."

"Okay fine."

The air around them remains tensed as they stay quiet before Sarawat speaks again.

"Why didn't you ask for my number when -"

"Sarawat!"

"Okay fine. I'll stop it for real."

"Urghh" Tine growls and gets up from the bed to walk around the room.

Sarawat closes his eyes. He knows he is being ridiculous but how can he pretend not to know that the things he felt in his heart, Tine spoke them out loud to somebody? How can he pretend to think that it's only him who keeps feeling strange things whenever Tine comes near him? He has thought about it the whole night. So may be, the pull is not only felt by Sarawat. He feels it and immediately regrets because Tine is to be married and it is wrong and immoral and disgusting and unprofessional. What would Tine think of him if he ever gets to know that Sarawat is still fantasizing about him? May be it's just because Tine is extremely attractive, Sarawat decides, he is feeling such things. Right, he blames his horniness.