chapter 12

Sarawat is sweating profusely despite the pleasant weather. He doesn't waste time to think how much has he worked today. Instead, he checks the time and applauses his team for not lagging behind the schedule.

It is eight thirty pm and most of the guests have already arrived. The resort looks magnificent as its glimmer venture high in the jagged curves of the sky. Mr. Teepakorn hugs Sarawat twice for being so devoted to their function and Sarawat couldn't help feel a guilt ruining the professional satisfaction of his heart.

He leaves to shower and get ready before the function commences. Sarawat has put his best in today's preparations because he has decided it will be the last event he plans for the Teepakorns. Sarawat recalls how after talking to grandma and feeling positively encouraged to confess his love, Sarawat vowed to tell Tine what he wants to do. And that why he kissed him back. And he did mean it when he said Tine's smile is the  prettiest smile he's ever seen. But nothing such happened because when Sarawat saw Tine, he was sitting with Pirapats, laughing and kissing his man. That smile, Sarawat thought, that's the smile he missed receiving from Tine. That's the smile he was flashing to Earth.

Sarawat giggles as the idea of Tine being a groom pops up in his mind. How much he'd love those purple hydrangeas and how his eyes will twinkle when Earth would promise to love him forever. He tries not to think of the pain that follows. He can barely think about the wedding, much less attend it. He feels lucky that he has two most understanding co partners and friends who advised him to leave for Bangkok after the party. He agrees. What is possibly even here for him anymore? Tine doesn't even look at him, let alone talk to him. His siblings and other members of family are slowly getting busier in the events. Sarawat is beyond grateful for the Teepakorns to treat him like he is a part of their family too. However, he feels there's a limit to everything and perhaps, this is his.

Tonight, Sarawat wills, tonight he will see Tine as much as he wants to. Perhaps even more than that. He will look at him and fill him in his eyes. Tonight he will see him and tell him that he's leaving for Bangkok as Mike and Boss will handle everything onwards. He won't say much. Just two sentences for his smile that will probably leave Tine cringing. May be, he'd make some improvisations. Like he will tell him he's leaving and add a bit about the fact that the idea of missing Tine is already aching his bones. Or while hugging him to wish for his wedding, he'll slowly drop a paper in Tine's pocket that would say, call me when you divorce.

Sarawat rolls his eyes at how stupid he is being. No, tonight is not going to be about his feelings for Tine. Tonight is just going to be about him. And Tine. And the space between them that would be the biggest distance Sarawat would ever have to cross in his life. He knows he won't cross it. He knows after tonight, it will take him a good deal of time to forget he once knew what love felt like.

...

"Wow" Pear exclaims, "Earth is one lucky guy phi."

Tine rolls his eyes and flicks her head.

"Thanks silly" he says, "shall we go now?"

"Oww" she frowns, "won't you look in the mirror first? Look at how skilled I am."

He laughs as she pats her shoulders. He doesn't look at the mirror though. He doesn't care how he looks. Certainly not when he knows that pair of beautiful eyes won't be searching for him anyways. He wonders if he should look out for him. He shakes his head immediately and takes a deep breathe.

Focus Tine.

"Let's go" he says, "Earth must be waiting for me."

Pear scowls, "seriously. What the hell has gotten into you? You've been spending too much time with him since last night."