chapter 15

"Hey.."

Tine whips around to see Sarawat walking towards him and looking around terrace, "where's he?"

Tine raises his eyebrows, "why are you so dressed up?"

Sarawat shrugs, "in case the wedding has to happen, I'll replace Earth."

Tine blinks and rolls his eyes as he sees Sarawat talking so nonchalantly about marrying Tine as if it's not a big deal.

"Anyways" he says, "Pear is gone to bring him. She said he's getting ready."

Sarawat draws his lips in a thin line and Tine unknowingly mirrors him.

"I feel bad for him." Sarawat says.

"You do?"

He thinks for a moment and then shakes his head.

"Nah! Not really."

Tine giggles and Sarawat finds himself a spot next to Tine at the bench.

"Are you nervous?"

Tine laughs pathetically, "terrified. Can't remember the last time I cancelled my wedding."

"You think Earth would understand?"

Tine shrugs, "I hope he does. It will make things easy for me."

Sarawat's mouth twitches as he sees Tine biting his nails and shaking his legs. He takes his eyes off of him and fixes them on the sky.

"Oh man it's so hard to keep my hands away from you" Sarawat sighs, "now that I know I'm allowed to touch you."

Tine flushes red and scoffs, "god no wonder why you're so popular out there."

"I don't a give a fuck about others" he says coolly, "I only care about your opinion about me."

"Really?" Tine asks coyly, "come here?"

Sarawat moves his head near Tine's ear as if to listen to what he's got to say but Tine captures his lips in a teasingly tender kiss. Sarawat smiles and kisses him back, sweetly and with love.

With Sarawatness consuming his lips, Tine thinks that may be he was just being paranoid and that may be the world isn't really that cruel to people in love. He wonders what possibly could go wrong because of a love that feels so damn right.

"Tine!!"

Oh. That could go wrong, Tine's mind supplies as Earth shouts (barks) behind him and almost in a reflex, Tine pushes Sarawat so fast he falls off the bench with a yelp. Tine gasps and looks at him who's now gaping in disbelief. Tine decides to let Sarawat adorn the floor while he hurries his way towards Earth.

"Earth listen to me - "

Earth doesn't. He tosses Tine aside and as Sarawat gets up from the floor, he punches him hard in his face.

"EARTH!" Tine screams and pulls him away from Sarawat who's now staggering and shaking his head. He looks at Tine who mouths no to him. Earth shoves Tine forcefully and lands his fist on Sarawat's jaws again. Sarawat grunts and walks unsteadily and Tine's eyes widen and something possesses him so violent on seeing Sarawat's grimace that he turns around and hits Earth sharp in his face.

Earth whips back and he looks so angry when he plunges on Tine and knocks him back. Sarawat, without a second or even first thought, pulls Tine out of Earth's grip before he punches Earth real hard.

"STOP IT!!" Pear shouts in her highest shrill voice, on the top of her lungs,
capable enough to bleed one's ear, and walks angrily towards them, pulling each away from the other. Earth budges at first but as much as she looks pretty innocent, he's heard a lot about her wild shenanigans and so he obeys her quietly.