chapter 14

"Sarawat?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think we made noise?"

"I think you did."

Tine giggles and hits Sarawat's arms playfully. It's four in the morning and they are now cuddled inside the sheets with Tine's head resting on Sarawat's chest as the other person strokes his back fondly. Sarawat stares at the ceiling and keeps kissing Tine's hair lazily at an interval of few minutes.

"Sarawat?"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you cry?"

Sarawat stops caressing his back and Tine wonders if he shouldn't have asked. He doesn't regret though because he knows that it will happen a lot when he will say things Sarawat wouldn't want to hear and vice versa. He understands that they are only starting to learn the crests and troughs of each other and it will take time. He knows Sarawat understands it too.

"I did?" Sarawat asks slowly.

Tine hums and plants a soft kiss on his chest. Sarawat continues caressing his back again.

"My eyes were burning" Sarawat says, "I guess it was the fireworks."

Tine jerks his head up and looks at Sarawat to see if he is just teasing him. He figures he is not because those eyes, those fucking eyes are revealing everything Sarawat has now willingly given up on hiding. Tine breaks into a big fat smile and rewards him with a big loud kiss for admitting his feelings so honestly.

Sarawat laughs as Tine's hair tickle his nose and he holds him tightly, as he looks out the window.

"Tine?"

"Hmm?"

Sarawat speaks so slow that he wishes Tine doesn't hear, "it's almost dawn. You should go."

Tine pouts, "I don't want to go."

"Then don't."

Tine opens his eyes and looks at Sarawat who's as serious as he can be.

"Don't go" Sarawat shrugs, "stay with me."

Tine sighs and sits on the bed before Sarawat also mirrors him.

"You know I have to." Tine says slowly.

"I know" Sarawat says taking Tine's hand in his own, "but I just want to know what now?"

"Urghh" Tine grunts, pulling his hair, "I don't know what to do."

Sarawat frowns, "what do you mean you don't know what to do? You tell your dad you don't want to marry Earth. What else?"

"It's not easy Sarawat."

"Tine" Sarawat says a little louder, "do you love me?"

Tine's eyes soften and he holds Sarawat's face in his hands.

"Of course I love you Sarawat. Just give me some time to figure all this out. I have no idea how dad will react to this-"

"And you have no idea how much it kills me to see you with Earth."

Tine chuckles softly, "we can always flirt later. I have to go now."

With that, he pecks Sarawat's lips and gets out of the bed before putting his clothes on. Sarawat sighs and buries his face in pillow.

"I'll come up with something to postpone the wedding. Would that be okay for now?"

Sarawat jolts up and ushers towards Tine near the sofa.